Cables

Reaction score
First time posting. I have a phantom 3 standard and just ordered the dbs antenna. I had seen and read on here about some of you using the heavier blue cables. I think some have said they will also help on distance. My question is where to buy them at? Thanks in advance .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Shu-fly don't bother me! lol Yes, the blue ones. That's what what all the cool kids r using

What is the benefits of using these cables?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have to be careful with the blue rg402 cables if you plan on taking them off and on..they dont like being bent or twisted. I would suggest using rg-58 instead or some good low loss cable...they arent cheap but well worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh i would use rg178 for the inside cables as well instead of the thin ones that come with the kit!

You have to be careful with the blue rg402 cables if you plan on taking them off and on..they dont like being bent or twisted. I would suggest using rg-58 instead or some good low loss cable...they arent cheap but well worth it in my opinion.

R they easily damaged? There's 1 on mine l had to bend quite a bit having no 90's on hand

Well if they did I would be out of luck c.jpg The others are better as Pro said these I just found these when I did my first one .
Also I never remove my panels . The cable's he mentions went in the trash . Don't know why they send such thin ones for inside the TX .

would all 3 antennae cables the same length work ? 8" or 6" with dbs panel

would you happen to have a link handy. the ebay site mentioned above does not have those.
I got mine from aliexpress so it takes awhile but I stock up on them! where are the sma's coming out from the RC? I used 6" with straight RP-SMA Male to right angle SMA Male. Ill look for the links

Oh i would use rg178 for the inside cables as well instead of the thin ones that come with the kit!

guys im looking for these rg178 cables for inside my rc but having trouble finding them. does anyone know what the little push on connector is called so i can search.thanks

got it. their U.FL connectors

Last edited:
Yep Ohiowoodsman is right...those are what I would use but you only need them 16-18CM long

Thanks for that link to the good cables.
if you to guesstimate the cable length, to go straight from the transceivers (u.fl end) and out the original antennae hole and right into the DBS antennae, (with a 90 degree end ? ) - how long would the cables have to be?
I'm thinking :rolleyes:, why am I adding another connection to the mix.
I could put a rubber grommet in the hole at the end of the RC and drill and slice little cable ports through it. The dbs's clearance away from the RC should have enough room to curve the cables into position, no?

His don't look as good as mine though .
He's looks like ...well lets just say
being_sick-3298.gif

running jack.gif
Just messing Julian . His does look and work good . The less connections you have the less signal you are going to lose .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20