Buying dji pjantom 3 standard parts

Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick question where does everyone get genuine dji parts from? Im in melbourne Australia and can find a genuine ribbon cable for the standard anywhere. Dji melb will fix in house only. Any help would be appreciated as ive had no luck fixing my cam/gimble with an after market cable.[emoji848][emoji26]

Hi guys just a quick question where does everyone get genuine dji parts from? Im in melbourne Australia and can find a genuine ribbon cable for the standard anywhere. Dji melb will fix in house only. Any help would be appreciated as ive had no luck fixing my cam/gimble with an after market cable.[emoji848][emoji26]
As I'm sure you're aware, many have had the same problem as you and after-market cables haven't given a successful fix.

I've had a whizz through both Ebay.com and Ebay.co.au on your behalf using the key words 'Phantom 3 genuine ribbon' and, as you have no doubt already found, there are plenty of aftermarket cables available, none which are 'genuine'. The DJI store also isn't listing them now either. So I then tried the keywords 'Phantom 3 OEM ribbon' and that brought slightly more success, although not shipping from Australia and they are still also described as 'brand new' but 'unbranded'.

Of course, there's no guarantee that what actually arrives at your door will be genuine/OEM - but I would guess that as this seller, DJI Phantom 3 Standard Flexible Gimbal Ribbon Flat Cable Part #85 (Sta)-OEM-USA 192561154015 | eBay uses 'OEM' as a major selling point, you could demand a refund/raise a case for a refund with Ebay if it turns out not to be true. I've been lucky enough to have never damaged my ribbon cable - so I don't know how you would tell if it is OEM or not before fitting anyway. China could be closer for you - but the same situation might still arise.

Not convenient certainly, not too expensive on shipping - but delivery might take a while and you might also get caught for import taxes etc. But at least you could give it a try (if you want to).

Reactions: andylozz
Thanks Steve7777 i appreciate all your help. yeah it seems dji really dont want users to fix their drones themselves. Mine was a gentle knock to a camera lifting it over a chair knocked the camera from the roll arm and weight of camera broke ribbon. Spewing! Since my post ive got onto a hobby store and have ordered two genuine ribbons at 70 a piece but apparently dji are no longer producing the ribbons for the 3 standard anymore, so whats left is it. Have now boght a gimble guard lol.[emoji23]

Thanks Steve7777 i appreciate all your help. yeah it seems dji really dont want users to fix their drones themselves. Mine was a gentle knock to a camera lifting it over a chair knocked the camera from the roll arm and weight of camera broke ribbon. Spewing! Since my post ive got onto a hobby store and have ordered two genuine ribbons at 70 a piece but apparently dji are no longer producing the ribbons for the 3 standard anymore, so whats left is it. Have now boght a gimble guard lol.[emoji23]
OK - I hope you get it sorted out. Out of interest for others, I've just remembered that someone here posted an idea as to WHY the non-OEM cables don't work, which you can find here Professional - Replaced broken ribbon cable & now the gimbal doesn't work at all! PLEASE HELP!!!!. I know that you're already aware of this @andylozz as I see you have already posted there.

As you say, the situation is probably not going to get better, but if just one company could come up with a quality replacement cable which reliably achieves a fix then they could be in for some good sales figures.

Greetings i need a push button starter switch does anyone know how i can get this parts for my Phantom?
DJI S3_2.jpeg

Greetings i need a push button starter switch does anyone know how i can get this parts for my Phantom?View attachment 100773
I think it's normally referred to here as a 'linking/link' or 'binding/bind button'. I don't think DJI will sell you one - but someone here found a solution:-

Standard - phantom 3 std link button HELP!!!!

This is for a P3S, but I think the tactile mini-micro switch described and linked to is a fairly standard component. Although the Amazon sale on that thread link has finished, you should be able to find something similar still currently on sale, either on Ebay or Amazon.

You'll need to be able to solder if you want to do it yourself, or maybe get a clever friend to help you. :)

As a later thought, if you've got an old unused controller from a cheap Chinese quad (Syma/Eachine etc, etc) you might find a suitable tactile micro switch on the controller circuit board. Is that the connector that is damaged behind it in your photo? If so, you might find one of those too. If not, check all your cheap Chinese toys!!

Last edited:

Haven’t tried these ones , but the seller says that they are genuine DJI Phantom 3 Standard Flexible Gimbal Flat Cable (Part 85) 190021000568 | eBay

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj