Phantom 3 Standard No Video Feed/ SD Card

Reaction score
Ok so im new to the phantom drones/and computer stupid...with that said, Phantom 3 Standard...I am having issues with my drone I just purchased used. The drone flies fine, gps works, compass calibrates... I have no video feed, and it says 0 SD card remaining. Firmware is outdated, but cannot update beacuse of the no SD card issues. On the app on my phone I can command it to take off and land fine. I have already replaced the flex ribbon and flat wires from gimble to drone.. I have tried 2 SD cards both formatted to fat32, both sandisk class 10, relinked controller several times, recalibrated IMU, and gimble.. On first start up, gimble moves like it should, but then it goes limp. I have talked to DJI support and not to the point where they said to send it in to them.. I kinda hate to do that if I don't have to. Im wondering if I bought a new camera and installed it myself if that would correct the issues..hoping someone has had this issues other then me. Thank you to everyone in advance for any help you can offer!

Ok so im new to the phantom drones/and computer stupid...with that said, Phantom 3 Standard...I am having issues with my drone I just purchased used. The drone flies fine, gps works, compass calibrates... I have no video feed, and it says 0 SD card remaining. Firmware is outdated, but cannot update beacuse of the no SD card issues. On the app on my phone I can command it to take off and land fine. I have already replaced the flex ribbon and flat wires from gimble to drone.. I have tried 2 SD cards both formatted to fat32, both sandisk class 10, relinked controller several times, recalibrated IMU, and gimble.. On first start up, gimble moves like it should, but then it goes limp. I have talked to DJI support and not to the point where they said to send it in to them.. I kinda hate to do that if I don't have to. Im wondering if I bought a new camera and installed it myself if that would correct the issues..hoping someone has had this issues other then me. Thank you to everyone in advance for any help you can offer!
Welcome to the forum!
Wow, nobody gave you any replies yet, need to get this back in the loop.
It the gimbal wasn't functioning you wouldn't have a WiFi connection, so I m going to say maybe.:rolleyes:
So you must be getting all of your Telemetry?

Rod

Welcome to the forum!
Wow, nobody gave you any replies yet, need to get this back in the loop.
It the gimbal wasn't functioning you wouldn't have a WiFi connection, so I m going to say maybe.:rolleyes:
So you must be getting all of your Telemetry?

Rod
Hey thank you for the reply... Yes gimbal does move on first power up briefly before going limp. I do have wifi because I can use the app and use it to take off and land. I can read all the measurements (hight, distance...etc) I open the OFDM on the gimbal the other day and there is a DJI sticker on it that is red.... I didnt think anything about it at first, but I read online somewhere that it should be white. And turns red when it gets wet.. So I might be on to something... I just purchased a used gimbal off ebay the other day for $77 (couldnt bring myself to spend $219 at the moment). So I will try that when it gets here and hope for the best.

Hey thank you for the reply... Yes gimbal does move on first power up briefly before going limp. I do have wifi because I can use the app and use it to take off and land. I can read all the measurements (hight, distance...etc) I open the OFDM on the gimbal the other day and there is a DJI sticker on it that is red.... I didnt think anything about it at first, but I read online somewhere that it should be white. And turns red when it gets wet.. So I might be on to something... I just purchased a used gimbal off ebay the other day for $77 (couldnt bring myself to spend $219 at the moment). So I will try that when it gets here and hope for the best.
Good find on the red sticker.;)

Rod

First off, Id like to thank RodPad for his replies.... I did get this issue resolved. I have found other post with same issues but none had a fix on them. I purchased a used gimbal off eBay for $77 that had a broken ribbon and a bad motor... I first tried switching the OFDM onto mine since mine had a red DJI sticker on it... that did not fix it... so i then took the camera apart and switched the 2 circuit boards inside the camera... one has the SD slot in it, and the other had the camera... Put it all back together and everything worked perfectly.. Im guessing it was the board with the SD slot causing the issue. I have probably flown it approximately 1 hour since and still works perfect. I just thought id post my fix in case anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks, and thanks for the update.
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd