Using parts out of a broken phantom 3 on the N3 platform

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am building my first drone and could use some help. I got into this thing like most of my hobbies, I dove in head first and then figure it out as I go. Well drone life is easily the most complicated thing I have tried to endeavor and finding actual useful information on my own has been so far, pretty fruitless. I am hoping to find something here. Anyways, on to my issue. I am building on an F450 quad frame and I currently have motors, propellers and the flight control system. I am going to be using the drone primarily for trail exploration during 4wheel trips so I would like to have live video feedback. This didn't seem to be a big deal in the beginning but after watching how stable and easy to fly my bosses new spark was, I went to my hobby store and kind of on an impulse bought the N3 flight controller. Anyways as I am finding out, by going DJI I have inadvertently committed myself to pretty much all DJI parts and DJI prices. This means I'm staring in the face the possibility of spending $1,600 just for video capability. Now to my questions. The motors I have purchased are comparable size to DJI motors, so can I use the ESC's off of a donor P3? Also, will the radio, gimbal and cam plug into the N3 platform? I would much rather buy a donor P3 for $300 than lightbridge 2 and a zenmuse gimbal for $1600.I cannot find any info on this at all. I have about $500 invested in this already and would like to find a way to keep the spending under control because it seems I have hit a point where it can get out of hand real quick. Anyways, I appreciate any and all of your help. If I posted this in the wrong section, please feel free to move it to the right one. Thanks everyone.

Edit: I had a little bit of an "aha" moment and decided to look at disassembled phantom pics. It looks as if the P3 is all integrated but the P2 looks like they just shoved a NAZA V2 in it with other parts. So I guess my question extends to the P2 as well. Anyways, any tips are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Interesting, Wish some one had replied. I would like to know also. Sorry I cant help.

As far as using a P2 NAZA... don't fret, it's not quite an 'open' V2 (firmware) and most significantly you'll be tied to DJI batteries.

Can't comment on the 'openness' of using other Phantom parts as their may be some similar hidden lockouts with other electronic parts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4