Bummed. New P3A Crashed. Pls Advise

A CSC stands for combinations stick command. It is how the motors are started and stopped. Its possible you did this midair since it still had power but the propellers were stopped. Open up the go app and pull up the flight log and turn on stick inputs and watch it and see if that's what you did.

Does the report show it switching back and forth between atti and gps?
A CSC stands for combinations stick command. It is how the motors are started and stopped. Its possible you did this midair since it still had power but the propellers were stopped. Open up the go app and pull up the flight log and turn on stick inputs and watch it and see if that's what you did.
Ok. Checking now. Do you mean like when you start the bird by pulling both sticks down and inward?

First... sorry about your crash
Most importantly, healthy drones tells NOTHING. There is no data there that can help determine anything at all. It tells the same story that the OP stated, EXCEPT that power was on during the fall. The only logs that are even slightly helpful would be the raw data from the tablet, and the raw data from the P3.

What was the condition of the 4 props once you found it on the ground? Did you find all the pieces?

The battery was certianly still connected, at least till a second bounce, because there was data still being recorded. I see you switched the ATTI mode. Good move, and you did it quickly!

I am absolutely sure that the battery was properly seeded. I tugged on it with two different finger position pulling hard. I've read all the battery posts. It lifted off firmly in place. That may have been the culprit. I'm not saying it isn't. But I do know 100% that I tugged and it was firmly in place when it launched. Not sure what else I could have done with regards to the battery.
I have no doubt at all that you tugged away on that battery. One thing to be careful about in general is that some of the batteries "click" into place so people feel confident, but then they may have a second "click." This was one of the root causes of so many batteries coming loose back in the early days. Not at all saying that this is what happened to you, just that this has happened many times before when people thought they had "clicked" in their battery.

For me, I have three batteries. One of them has the double click, two of them just the one click. The first click makes contact with the data connectors, the second with the main power connectors. I hope that makes some sort of sense. What was happening was that people were not fully seating their batteries after they heard he first click, so during flight they would slide out a fraction. It was just enough to lose main power but not enough to lose data recording.

Last edited:
The map is off. I was never over the trees. It landed 30-40 feet inside the grassy area. Healthy drone map is definitely off.

If you rotate the map it shows that your Phantom was not in the trees.
What it DOES appear is that you may have inadvertently flown so that the trees near you were momentarily between you and your Phantom. Causing a signal loss.
At that point the mode began to switch back and forth between ATTI and GPS mode.

If you look at the line of sight, you were behind a clump of trees and your phantom was at 83.3ft altitude and 306ft away.

You dropped 71 feet in 3 seconds.

That could explain the loss of signal....but not the loss in altitude. Even if you panicked, I don't see how you could have made it drop from the sky.

Not enough info.

Please get the DAT log for that flight out of the Phantom and post that.
That will give a more detailed picture of what happened.

It cant be a CSC. Data is not recorded after the motors are shut down. The shut-down triggers the end of the flight. FAR too much grasping at straws here!!

Reactions: Meta4
Most importantly, healthy drones tells NOTHING. There is no data there that can help determine anything at all. It tells the same story that the OP stated, EXCEPT that power was on during the fall. The only logs that are even slightly helpful would be the raw data from the tablet, and the raw data from the P3.

What was the condition of the 4 props once you found it on the ground? Did you find all the pieces?

The battery was certianly still connected, at least till a second bounce, because there was data still being recorded. I see you switched the ATTI mode. Good move, and you did it quickly!
I saw the switch to ATTI mode, but I discounted it as a user initiated change. I'm betting it switched on its own and then switched right back as is noted. I could be wrong of course.

Reactions: III% Streve
Awesome. I don't know why I never saw that rotate button. Thanks!

Can you screen record the flight log with stick inputs. Are you sure you didn't execute a CSC ?
I saw the switch to ATTI mode, but I discounted it as a user initiated change. I'm betting it switched on its own and then switched right back as is noted. I could be wrong of course.
You are correct. I did not initiate atti. That happened during the decent, self-initiated. Also, to answer someone above, I never had loss of site, and I never had any trees between me and the bird. I had full sight 100% of the time. I can confirm it was not CSC. I looked at the stick movement, and it was as I stated earlier, only forward with left stick for altitude and right movement on the right stick to move right. It definitely was not in the trees.

What it DOES appear is that you may have inadvertently flown so that the trees near you were momentarily between you and your Phantom. Causing a signal loss.
At that point the mode began to switch back and forth between ATTI and GPS mode.

If you look at the line of sight, you were behind a clump of trees and your phantom was at 83.3ft altitude and 306ft away.

You dropped 71 feet in 3 seconds.

That could explain the loss of signal....but not the loss in altitude. Even if you panicked, I don't see how you could have made it drop from the sky.

Not enough info.

Please get the DAT log for that flight out of the Phantom and post that.
That will give a more detailed picture of what happened.
How do I retrieve the DAT files?

I guess my question would be...if we take my accounting at face value, and I specifically saw the bird sideways on descent with no power to the propellers, is a disconnected battery the only thing that could cause this?

One in tact. Two broken. One missing prop.

How do I retrieve the DAT files?
As mentioned above CSC would stop recording and that didn't happen here.
I also suspect that after CSC it would fall straight rather than spinning.

The next thing to do is to contact DJI online help.
Tech Support | DJI and click on the Online Tech Support icon in the upper right.
They will want the flight data files which you get by connecting the Phantom to a computer via a USB cable.
You have to enable data mode in the app to get it.

You are correct. I did not initiate atti. That happened during the decent, self-initiated. Also, to answer someone above, I never had loss of site, and I never had any trees between me and the bird. I had full sight 100% of the time. I can confirm it was not CSC. I looked at the stick movement, and it was as I stated earlier, only forward with left stick for altitude and right movement on the right stick to move right. It definitely was not in the trees.
That's great it wasn't a CSC I was worried that's what it was . But that still doesn't help tell us what it was. Looks like you have a strong case with dji . They need to send you a new bird. Good luck!!

Loss of signal would show in the flight record - if present.
But loss of signal doesn't cause a Phantom to fall - it just hangs in the air waiting for signal.

Reactions: Oso
As mentioned above CSC would stop recording and that didn't happen here.
I also suspect that after CSC it would fall straight rather than spinning.

The next thing to do is to contact DJI online help.
Tech Support | DJI and click on the Online Tech Support icon in the upper right.
They will want the flight data files which you get by connecting the Phantom to a computer via a USB cable.
You have to enable data mode in the app to get it.
When you say a CSC would stop the recording what do you mean? I assume you are not talking about the video recording.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4