Build Your Flying Screen Using Drone

Reaction score
Hi folks, I am from Toronto (Canada) running an Indiegogo campaign where you can preorder Focal Point and build your flying screen. All you need is a drone (DJI Phantom 3+) and smartphone/screen. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Flying_screen2.v4.png
    Flying_screen2.v4.png
    770.3 KB · Views: 791
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes. I clicked on the video. But it just doesn't make any sense.

Here's what I see...... You took of the good 2.7k camera off and then replaced it by velcro-ing a crappier cell phone camera to the legs. So what's the point? If you are trying to raise money for this project.... you'd better explain it to people a lot better and convince people as to why they would want this.

Yes. I clicked on the video. But it just doesn't make any sense.

Here's what I see...... You took of the good 2.7k camera off and then replaced it by velcro-ing a crappier cell phone camera to the legs. So what's the point? If you are trying to raise money for this project.... you'd better explain it to people a lot better and convince people as to why they would want this.
It's not necessary to take gimbal off.

OK.... Again..... Why on Earth would you want to strap a phone to the front of a Phantom?
This is a prototype. The reason is started this campaign is to receive feedback/suggestions on how I could improve the design.

The thing I am struggling to understand and I'm sure most are is what's the Idea behind this?

Why would you want to strap a phone to the phantom? Defoe not to record video?

You can strap any screens as long as it's 6 inches. The idea is to play your video as it is flying in the air.

You can strap any screens as long as it's 6 inches. The idea is to play your video as it is flying in the air.

Surely the noise of the motors / props will drown out the video from the cell phone?

Sorry, but explaining the purpose & how you idea is an advantage to someone may help.
Those of us how are viewing this thread are struggling to understand how a screen attached to our drones can be of any use. I mean who will be able to utilize the screen on board the drone?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Petographer
Maybe you set the phone to record video and then strap it to the drone. Fly the drone up 300 ft, and when someone calls, the cellular interference from the phone causes your drone to go batsh*t and scream off into the horizon. Luckily you have "Find iPhone" enabled that leads you to a pile of smoking rubble.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think we all understand that we strap the phone to the phantom....but what we are trying to figure out is the "Why" part of it. Before you develop a product you have to tell us what it is doing for us that we can't do now or what the problem is that it's solving.

For example : "Hey guys want to get the most out of every flight? Why not do twice the recording. Easily add a rear camera to your phantom. You also have the added bonus of being able to locate your crashed phantom by tracking your phone with one of the many apps available"

Here are a couple of downsides I can see:

1. The added weight.
2. The video won't be steady.
3. Phones are expensive. Losing an iPhone and your drone to a crash or water would suck.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This sounds like a solution in search of a problem. The first article that would appear about this project would start with "Among the injured were...."

I can't see the purpose of this either? Definitely needs a much better explanation as to the reasons/goal of attaching a screen to a drone?

Think you should maybe come up with a less strange idea. Unless your idea is to smuggle phones into a prison then it's great ha ha for me I just don't get it. Have fun.

Sent from my SM-A310F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.