Buying boosters to DBS (help needed)

Here is a distance test video where I live.

I have been wondering that is there something wrong with my RC or dbs..
I tought I could get more than 1000 meters in my area where I live(seen on video above)

What so you think?

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Maybe not where your flying. Your over homes the whole time (which all have wifi I assume), and the takeoff location is not ideal. See if you can get to a different area, away from interference. That looks like a river? Can you get to the shore and fly over it, and away from the homes? Would be a better test. Also it looks like your only flying at 80 meters, that's too low over homes (because of the interference) need max there, like 120 meters. Eighty would be fine over fields, forest or water.

Maybe not where your flying. Your over homes the whole time (which all have wifi I assume), and the takeoff location is not ideal. See if you can get to a different area, away from interference. That looks like a river? Can you get to the shore and fly over it, and away from the homes? Would be a better test.
I flew 1500-1600 meters on a iced lake in rural area(almost zero interference I think).

There is videos in youtube where people fly over 2000 meters easy with dbs(no amps).

I have set my region to FCC with papatita mod so it should set my 5.8GHz TX-power to 27 dbm too(like 2.4GHz for video)??

I'm trying to aim the dbs panel as good as I can when flying far away.

I flew 1500-1600 meters on a iced lake in rural area(almost zero interference I think).

There is videos in youtube where people fly over 2000 meters easy with dbs(no amps).

I have set my region to FCC with papatita mod so it should set my 5.8GHz TX-power to 27 dbm too(like 2.4GHz for video)??

I'm trying to aim the dbs panel as good as I can when flying far away.

If I remember right, my max with the DBS and before amps was 2500 meters. With amps it went up to 3500 meters, and now have also added dipole antenna to the AC to make 4559 meters as my max. Not sure it the Magic Power mod increases the 5.8 GHz as well. I have read a good amount on that forum and see there's a good bit of back and forth about that. When your RTH initiates, what's the first message you get? In that chip above it's the "poor image" message first, followed by the "no signal" message. Is it always that way?

If I remember right, my max with the DBS and before amps was 2500 meters. With amps it went up to 3500 meters, and now have also added dipole antenna to the AC to make 4559 meters as my max. Not sure it the Magic Power mod increases the 5.8 GHz as well. I have read a good amount on that forum and see there's a good bit of back and forth about that. When your RTH initiates, what's the first message you get? In that chip above it's the "poor image" message first, followed by the "no signal" message. Is it always that way?
Nice distances :)

Yes.. usually first bad video and then control signal ja then rth. I have been thinking about buying mavic but would like to see what distances it gives in CE mode where I live.

Nice distances :)

Yes.. usually first bad video and then control signal ja then rth. I have been thinking about buying mavic but would like to see what distances it gives in CE mode where I live.

Since your video is going out first, you could do a dipole mod to the AC. As you see, I got over an extra 1000 meters added one to mine. And I just did a test run at a location I use sometimes that is a high interference area. Would never get much over 1000 meters, even with the powered DBS. This time made it to just over 2000 meters before I turned it around. That's double, just by changing the wifi antenna on the drone.
See these threads.
Stock birdside antenna replacement
Homemade dipole antennas for 2.4ghz

Attachments

• 20170204_212154.jpg
    20170204_212154.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 282
  • 20170204_212002.jpg
    20170204_212002.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 296
Now i need a small voltmeter for 2c. I found it on ebay cina for 2€. And a charger with balance load charging.

Hi, i have a dbs antenna as well. I use it with Magic 5 firmware flash 2.4ghz to 24db and 5.8ghz amp with 2s lipo in alu case.
Also see attached pics.

Flight results are great, in open field, the battery is the limitation.

Attachments

• P3S remote 0.jpg
    P3S remote 0.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 290
  • P3S remote 2.jpg
    P3S remote 2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 306
  • P3S remote 3.jpg
    P3S remote 3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Reactions: frenky600
Hi, i have a dbs antenna as well. I use it with Magic 5 firmware flash 2.4ghz to 24db and 5.8ghz amp with 2s lipo in alu case.
Also see attached pics.

Flight results are great, in open field, the battery is the limitation.
Very nice. Now im waiting for voltmeter also...but it came from china...i'll wait for a month ☺

Since your video is going out first, you could do a dipole mod to the AC. As you see, I got over an extra 1000 meters added one to mine. And I just did a test run at a location I use sometimes that is a high interference area. Would never get much over 1000 meters, even with the powered DBS. This time made it to just over 2000 meters before I turned it around. That's double, just by changing the wifi antenna on the drone.
See these threads.
Stock birdside antenna replacement
Homemade dipole antennas for 2.4ghz
I was thinking that should I change the wires. Internal and external. I bought my dbs second hand, but it hasn't been installed before.

I was thinking that should I change the wires. Internal and external. I bought my dbs second hand, but it hasn't been installed before.

Thinking about changing which wires? When installing the DBS you're referring to?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I mean those dbs wires. From internal to dbs panel.

I upgraded mine when installing the DBS, didn't use the wires in the kit, too thin. Let me know if you would like a link to the ones I used.

I upgraded mine when installing the DBS, didn't use the wires in the kit, too thin. Let me know if you would like a link to the ones I used.
Yes please.. those thin ones from mainboard to inlet and those thicker ones that connect to the dbs-panel :)

I think that I might get better signal with better cables.

Last edited:
Here is a distance test video where I live.

I have been wondering that is there something wrong with my RC or dbs..
I tought I could get more than 1000 meters in my area where I live(seen on video above)

What so you think?

It's probably due to all of those houses / apartments in that area. You have to figure... 9 out of 10 of those houses probably have WiFi and then 3 or 4 devices running off of each.

It's probably due to all of those houses / apartments in that area. You have to figure... 9 out of 10 of those houses probably have WiFi and then 3 or 4 devices running off of each.
That is more than sure :) Here in Finland every apartment has wifi..

I was just wondering that how much I get more distance with amps here with that interference.
I don't want to spend about 200 euros to amps if there is only 50 or 100 meters more. With amps+dbs-panel less directional?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor