Buying boosters to DBS (help needed)

Reaction score
Hi all!

I installed dbs panel to my p3-4k.
Distance was increaced but still no good in urban places with interference. I flew 1700 meters in rural environment.
If I havent understand wrong the amps help signal penetration?

What all I need?
1 x 2.4 GHz amp
1 x 5.8 GHz amp
1 x Battery to power the amps(with 2 x adapters)
2 x RG316 cables (from amp to dbs panel) Doesn't these come with sunhans amps??

2.4 GHz sunhans:
Amazon.com: Sunhans SH-2500 2.5W 2.4 GHz Signal Booster: Computers & Accessories

5.8 GHz sunhans:
Amazon.com: Sunhans 2W 5.8 GHz Wifi Signal Booster by REXUAV: Computers & Accessories

Battery:
Amazon.com : DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Battery Pack : Camera & Photo

Sunhans battery adapters x 2:
Amazon.com: Sunhans DC Power Adapter: Computers & Accessories

Did I forgot something?? Is 2W enought for 5.8 and 2.5 for 2.4??

I live in Europe, Finland. Found these sunhans only from China or USA. Nobody sells these in Europe?

Thanks for you help!

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Last edited:
I bought a 8000mah car jump starter pack to use as my battery.:)

Hi. I bought this 2W 5.8GHz WLAN 2-Way router Power Amplifier / Wi-Fi AP - argento + nero. I'm still waiting for carrier.
For 2.4 I hope the power magic may assist for long distance.
To power up the amplifier I bought a step up switcing from 3.7 to 12v with a old laptop lipo battery ultraslim 3300mah. Now I'm going to Find out a 3.7 lipo charger for 5v input. I would like to put battery...step up...charger inside Rc . The amplifier on the rear side of dbs .....a female connector and a small lever switch to on off power amplifier like s1 s2
I would like to reach 500m in total relax without Rth

Im currently getting 1800m rth with only a 11dbi patch, so I have also bought a 2w 5.8ghz. Waiting for good weather to see the difference.

Hmm. In the Amazon pictures, they show them coming with 1 cable each.
Maybe your right, that's way I have so many extra ones. The boxed unit assumes your using it for a wifi router, so one cable would be needed to go from the router to the amp.

Don't you mean (2) 2.4ghz amps?
He probably means one. A lot of people just add one amp per side, 5.8 GHz and 2.4 GHz, one for each.

He probably means one. A lot of people just add one amp per side, 5.8 GHz and 2.4 GHz, one for each.

I've always wondered what the DBS looks like inside. Are there 2 separate small 2.4ghz panels? Or 1 big one and they combine them some how?

I've always wondered what the DBS looks like inside. Are there 2 separate small 2.4ghz panels? Or 1 big one and they combine them some how?
I would think two. The reason some only add one amp on the wifi side, besides the cost. Is because they do the same thing. It's not like one receives and one transmits, or one's for video and the other for telemetry. They both do all of the above, and the wifi module switching back and forth between the two at will. Choosing which ever one has the best signal at that moment in time. So some just boost one side, giving that one port a leg up in signal strength.

Reactions: Matts175
Yeah.. I'm going to use only one 2.4 amp cause it works also without the another one.

Arrived my 2w 5.8 amp.
Tested today. Fantastic. 600m without rth and signal strenght at full.
Powered with 2cells 3.7x2 3300mah.
Now battery 2s charger.
Im happy

How does amps help in locations with lots of inteference?? Cities and urban areas?

If I'm getting now like 1000 meters, what can I expect with amps? 1200, 1400, 2000?

How does amps help in locations with lots of inteference?? Cities and urban areas?

If I'm getting now like 1000 meters, what can I expect with amps? 1200, 1400, 2000?

First things first, do you have stocks antenna or a mod (upgrade) antenna system?

DBS antenna installed with papatita 27dbm mod.

And your only getting 1000 meters? I guess your in a high interference area. The answer is yes, it will help. But it's never going to get you that much more in an urban/city location. Because it's non discriminatory, meaning it's going to boost all signals in that frequency range. The good along with the bad. The big benefit will be out in an open area with little or no interference, than your range could easily double.

And your only getting 1000 meters? I guess your in a high interference area. The answer is yes, it will help. But it's never going to get you that much more in an urban/city location. Because it's non discriminatory, meaning it's going to boost all signals in that frequency range. The good along with the bad. The big benefit will be out in an open area with little or no interference, than your range could easily double.
Here is a distance test video where I live.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have been wondering that is there something wrong with my RC or dbs..
I tought I could get more than 1000 meters in my area where I live(seen on video above)

What so you think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.