Boating with the Phantom2v+

Reaction score
Just went to the lake with my Phantom2v+ and it was amazing. I have some questions about flying with your boat.
1.If you get out of range of (Home point) Will you still be in control if your receiver is still within range of the Phantom2v+ ?
2.Do I need to keep manual resetting the (Homepoint) to continue my journey farther than what my first home point setting was ?

1.If you get out of range of (Home point) Will you still be in control if your receiver is still within range of the Phantom2v+ ?
If you have a maximum distance set, the Phantom will not want to go more than that distance from home. It will be like it hits a (soft) wall when it gets there.
So .. if you are motoring along, don't set a max distance that would cause a problem.
2.Do I need to keep manual resetting the (Homepoint) to continue my journey farther than what my first home point setting was ?
You could keep resetting HP as you travel so that the P2 will not want to return to the launching point if it goes to RTH.
Or you could try dynamic homepoint which continually updates homepoint to the location of your phone if it has GPS. That way in the event of RTH, the Phantom will be coming back to where you were just before RTH initiates.
You would also want to review the procedure to resume control during RTH rather than letting it attempt to autoland in the water.
i-fVMzh3S-L.jpg

In the Phantom Assistant application, set your limits to something large -- like this

Limits.png

In the Phantom Assistant application, set your limits to something large -- like this

View attachment 20538

+1.
Set to max in the case that YOU move out of the range. The phantom will just hover and land when the battery depletes.

Also try Dynamic Home Point (DHP). This means your home point will follow your phone/smart device.
Enable the GPS on your phone/smart device.
Enable DHP in your DJI app (the radar ring will turn yellow). THIS ONLY MEANS IT IS ENABLED.
When you see the GREEN RING, then you are good to go.
Please remember that if you trigger RTH, it will goto the spot you triggered. So if you are moving on a boat, then make sure you stop where you triggered it. Otherwise it will land in the water.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20