Blurry Footage from Phantom 4 Pro - Is there anyway to resolve?

Reaction score
Hi All

This is some footage I recently took over Cornwall and taken from the SD card of my P4P. No recent settings had been changed to the drone since the last flight which recorded the footage perfectly. My only theory...and this is just a theory...is that when taking snaps from the drone it had somehow became unfocused..and then when changing back to recording mode, it remained unfocused for the duration. Does this seem possible and if so does anyone have any solutions to fix this type of issue? I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions.

This may be a stupid question, but are you aware there's a tap to focus feature? There's also the choice of AFC - auto focus continuous - in the camera settings which I have good results with.

Also, if you are taking photos, I see many people taking photos with an ND filter on, because they think it's required. They let their iso or shutter speed drop and ugliness is the result. So I gently tell people:
1) Make sure you know tap focus functions
2) Make sure the gimbal cover is off (yes this happens)
3) Make sure your shutter speed is high enough.
4) Don't use straight ND filters for photos unless you know exactly why you want them.

Thanks for the reply guys, I'm pretty sure the camera was out of focus and hence the blurry footage. I don't suppose there's really any way to enhance the already blurry footage is there?

Anyway I have taken more footage of the area now which turned out great so not to much of a big deal.

You can do some sharpening to help a bit (judicious use of unsharp mask for example). It will help shots that are slightly soft. Nothing in my experience has fixed really out of focus footage. Good luck!

Also, if you are taking photos, I see many people taking photos with an ND filter on, because they think it's required. They let their iso or shutter speed drop and ugliness is the result. So I gently tell people:
1) Make sure you know tap focus functions
2) Make sure the gimbal cover is off (yes this happens)
3) Make sure your shutter speed is high enough.
4) Don't use straight ND filters for photos unless you know exactly why you want them.
In daytime you can leave a number 8 ND on their all the time MTBryan. Still gets you 100 ISO at say 120th of a second at about F4. if not 5.6. Because if your flying any video at all you need it on there anyway for your shutter speed.Night time a whole diff story.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj