Best Upgrade from P3P to P?

Reaction score
As much as I love my P3P and worry about its use by date from the amount of hours flying, I am stuck between buying another new P3P as the price has come down and keeps my batteries and controllers compatible, or going to another model.
If going to another model, any feed back from members having been in this situation and or done this?
Regards Mike

As much as I love my P3P and worry about its use by date from the amount of hours flying, I am stuck between buying another new P3P as the price has come down and keeps my batteries and controllers compatible, or going to another model.
If going to another model, any feed back from members having been in this situation and or done this?
Regards Mike
I bought another P3P at half price
Cheaper than buying parts and all my barreries etc fit

Thanks guys, I like the idea of having common spares as well.
I am off to the DJI first retail centre opening in Auckland (New Zealand) Saturday, so have a few Q's for them regarding my antennae upgrade and also to see whats on offer in the way of deals

HOME Here is the link

That's a really good question...P3Ps are capable of so much, and we've already got controllers, chargers, batteries, etc. - there is a lot to be said for having another one. May have to consider that myself as they continue to get cheaper..........

Thanks for the replies.
I have just been to the opening of the new and first DJI shop in Auckland (NZ) .
I got there in time for the opening only to find 300 + people queued ( I'm sure there was more) and as the shop is quite small , they could only fit in around 25 people at a time .
I departed and came back 4 1/2 hours later having missed out on deals and demos, bought a spare P3P battery, (good price) made up my mind I would stick with I have got and supplement with another P3P.
I wanted to talk to a tech at the shop , but that wasnt to be either.

I started my drone experience with the phantom 3 standard, then did the accessories thing, extra battery, more props, camera protection, upgraded phone attachment point and antenna mod.
Then I thought I had done all I could and I wanted more so I sold my like new standard on ebay (I am serious I used to clean and polish everything after each flight, no scuff marks)
With proceeds from sale I purchased phantom 3 advanced, also used but mint but I really don't need to accessorize because came with 3 batteries, extra props, prop balancer, anti glare hood, prop protectors, hard shell backpack, CF camera protector, camera filters.
Only thing I will get is some type of antenna mod.
When I get to the point where I can't stand not having a phantom 4 I will sell this kit on ebay and get a phantom 4, my point after all this story is I am not one of those guys you see that have 3 or 4 ships, can't really afford it and I am ok with. The one, I treat this baby like it was worth $5,000 dollars, clean and shine after each outing and I don't take chances if I get a warning I land.
I am sort of attached to my ship.

How many flight hours have you put on your p3p that have you worried? They are resilient machines.

Before I upgraded to the P4P and P4A i managed to get nearly 60 flight hours and 300 flights out of my trusty P3P. And she was still running as smoothly as the first day I bought her.

The camera upgrades on the newer Phantoms were the only reason why I pulled the trigger. Or else good ole faithful would still be going up everyday.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl