Best GPS Tracker - RF-V16

borgqueenx said:
Glad i could help the community with this.
Its really a small miracle because the tk102 is alot bigger and has much less battery life and constantly needs the "start" text message.

I got a location that was 30 meters off once when it was heavily clouded.
Every other time i got 5 meters accurate location.

Borg,

Thanks for the video. Just watched it. I bought one of these trackers a few weeks ago, charged it up, and just need to find time to get a sim card and play with it. I would be replacing my 75g Garmin with this, if it pans out. Questions:
1) Where and how did you mount it on your Phantom?
2) How many times have you flown with yours?
3) How many times have you needed it to find your Phantom?
4) Any glitches in reliability?

The idea of dropping 50g in weight is appealing, but only if the new tracker is bullet-proof on reliability.

Kelly

Just received one of these today, easy to set up but it will not get a GPS lock. Turned data upload off cause I don't want it wasting all the money on my prepaid sim. It sends a vague location of its whereabouts when asked using gsm but its about 3-400 meters out. Tried with data upload on and its the same, tried outside giving it 10 mins to find a lock and again the same. Not much point in this thing if its only going to give an 800m circle of accuracy and not use GPS.
Anybody got any ideas?

Had same issues stealthdude...then miraculously one day it started to work. I still can't use the android app to track but I can send a text and it will reply with a link to Google maps. Who did you get your SIM card from?

I got an O2 sim as its the same as what my phone uses, hence free calls to it. Don't really think its a sim issue though as it uses the gsm and SMS features fine, it just won't lock on to gps.

Stealthdude said:
I got an O2 sim as its the same as what my phone uses, hence free calls to it. Don't really think its a sim issue though as it uses the gsm and SMS features fine, it just won't lock on to gps.

Does it ring when you call it? Did you program the SOS number and try to call your cell?

Awilson18 said:
Does it ring when you call it? Did you program the SOS number and try to call your cell?

Yes it rings when I call it, sos1 is my phone and I put sos2 as partners. Both work fine. The only thing that doesn't work is the GPS. Leaving it on charge overnight see if that helps, may try a factory reset tomorrow if all else fails.

Well, looks like this things going in the bin. Tried a reset still the same, slow flashing blue gps light, and a quick flash of the orange gsm light. Been outside for 10 mins, phone gets GPS no problem but this will not gps lock at all. Peice of crap.

Stealthdude said:
Well, looks like this things going in the bin. Tried a reset still the same, slow flashing blue gps light, and a quick flash of the orange gsm light. Been outside for 10 mins, phone gets GPS no problem but this will not gps lock at all. Peice of crap.

when you text the "dw#" command does it send back anything?

Yes it gives a link which shows about 300m away from my location. Way too inaccurate for me as its not using gps.

Also, here are some of the commands I was told to send to the tracker(per the seller on ebay)

apn,epc.tmobile.com,user,,pd,,pip,216.155.165.50,pport,8080,plmn,310260#

apn,epc.tmobile.com#

apn,internet#

Stealthdude said:
Yes it gives a link which shows about 300m away from my location. Way too inaccurate for me as its not using gps.

Is it a google maps link or a link to some weird mapping site?

Right I finally managed to get it to send one link with gps. Turned data upload on and sat the device upstairs in front of a window for 30mins. Sent dsp# and it came back with GPS working (it normally says sleep). Sent it a dw# request and got coordinates perfect with a google map link.
Now I turned data upload back off and found it will not find a lock on gps. This makes me think the gps is actually working but it takes too long to lock then sends the gsm coordinates instead.

I will just need to remember to switch the device off when not in use.

Battery life seems decent on this device. Also, it's supposed to text you when it reaches 10% of battery life. I've never run mine down that far i guess since I've never been texted. Glad it's finally working.

Good you got it to work.
My battery life is not what I would call good. I make sure it is fully charged when I go fly. In testing, leaving it on in a window inside the house(on the deck a bird took it the other day)it will send me a 10% message about 12-14 hours later.
Never could get the trackanywhere to work.
Is yours playing the "tune" when you charge it?

Happyflyer said:
Good you got it to work.
My battery life is not what I would call good. I make sure it is fully charged when I go fly. In testing, leaving it on in a window inside the house(on the deck a bird took it the other day)it will send me a 10% message about 12-14 hours later.
Never could get the trackanywhere to work.
Is yours playing the "tune" when you charge it?

It does play that tune but not the entire time. And I could never get that trackanywhere android app to work either...

A bird took it...hilarious!

Awilson18 said:
It does play that tune but not the entire time. And I could never get that trackanywhere android app to work either...

A bird took it...hilarious!
The only answer I can come up with when I found it 200 yards away in the woods.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic