RF V16 or TK102B Tracker best in UK?

Reaction score
Hi, i want to get a tracker for my pv2+ v3. I've got it down to either the rf v16 or the tk102 tracker to be the best choices, the problem is that there is nowhere in the uk that sells them as i see they are all shipped from china, has anyone from the uk purchased one of these?
I know the rf v16 is smaller, lighter and i think has more features but the tk102b is easily available in the uk.
Just need something that is simple to use, like turn on tracker when ready to fly and i don't need live tracking etc..
If anyone has experience of either of these two especially in the uk would be very helpful. If there is one thats problematic or i should avoid i'd most appreciate any advice.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that the sim i plan to use is 100mins, 250mb data and unlimited texts on virgin media and the cheapest i could find at £5 a month.
Can you still get a sim nowadays where you just top up as and when required?

Last edited:
Rf-v16 smaller lighter longer battery life!

Yes you can get PAYG go online giffgaff Order a Sim and register it as pay-as-you-go

As from buying it from UK there is a seller on this forum. I'll post his name when I have a look later

Rf-v16 smaller lighter longer battery life!

Yes you can get PAYG go online giffgaff Order a Sim and register it as pay-as-you-go

As from buying it from UK there is a seller on this forum. I'll post his name when I have a look later

I've been looking at giffgaff but i think with their pay as you go you need to use up the credit by the end of the month or you lose it, do you know if this is correct?
The seller you mentioned has now sold out http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/rf-v16-trackers-uk-for-sale.36595/

Thanks for the advice.

No there is no expiry date on the credit. I actually have two trackers. There awesome. Where are you boys from Birmingham?

Thanks for the replies, yes i'm about 10 mies from birmingham. I decided to order the rf v16 tracker as it is only 27 grams compared to the 50 grams tk102b, went for the giffgaff pay as you go.
Any hints or tips on setting up the rf v16 would be great, especially setting up the APN.
Cheers.

RF-V16 Tracker now fitted to the gimbal protector/holder and all is working perfectly. It really is a superb tracker and precise, i really like how you can track the flight if you wish online too, and the trackanywhere app on the phone is really good. :)
9tnvxw.jpg

What was your solution to the RF always being asleep and replying a check position command with just cell tower info?

By factory default the gps is set to upload every 10 minutes and sleeps for the rest of the time, to wake it up just text tim,1# and then it will never sleep, if you want it back to default text tim,10#
Also remember it needs to be outside to be able to get gps lock.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj