Best GPS Tracker - RF-V16

Great find. Hopefully you'll test the GPS function. Simulate it being lost.
Have it send text message with link to location on map.

Good find! These gps trackers keep getting better and better.

The monthly SIM card shouldn't cost more than $10.

You can use a pay to go simcard. (Prepaid)

Also on the tk102 you have to text "start" or something to it or it wont work. Thats not required on this rf-v16.

I have the TK102b and it works great. I like this one as its about 30g lighter. Will order one and see how it goes.

Thanks for posting.

coolhand said:
so far I love my dronemods tracker,, already setup and working when you get it.. cleaner lines.
I should have mine tomorrow. How do you charge it? Usb on computer. What comes with it?

wall charger usb mini,, you could charge at computer. comes with phone number and great service as you have probably already noticed. emails you with location whenever it initializes and powers off... when you charge it it automatically is powered on so you need to turn it off after you disconnect charger.

Does the wall charger come with it? Do you have to have a special app on phone or just the phone number. Can you access in by computer?

It did not pick up gps because it was in my room. At the window or outside it works unless really cloudy.
It does not have 4g, but does not need 4g. It will not work when it has no cell tower reception. But at what place does that still exist:p

Device doesn't pick up GPS or GSM signals. Hopefully didn't just waste my money on this tracker and a prepaid plan.

updated description of video with new info :)
Check it out again how to setup and some other tests.

Steely, i hope you didnt get a bad unit. Basicly you set master number, followed by chancing launguage, then you are good to go...
Make sure to spell all commands exactly without captial letters.
Also call it. Right out of the box it should already be in push-to-talk mode making you able to call it right after a sim is inserted.

Maybe I did get a bad unit. Here's what's happening. First off, I've tried the sim card in my phone and the account is active. I turn on the unit, it plays it's song, the yellow and blue led's flash slowly at the same time. After nine flashes, the yellow goes solid and the blue stops flashing. Then it just repeats that pattern. I've tried calling it but only get my answering service. I've tried texting it commands (lower keys only). Gave it my number, then tried contacting my cel by holding down the large S button, but nothing.

So there's no registration somewhere that I might be missing?

No registration....have you tried tape the microsd cover so it stays inside like i did on video? i would contact the seller and ask for replacement if that doesnt fix it.

My sim card fits nicely. Locks right into place. The connectors are facing up when inserting the card, which seems odd. Tried it the other way and it just springs back.

And no I didn't order PINK! lol

Attachments

• Tracker and sim card.jpg
    Tracker and sim card.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,103

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member