Battery on controler

Reaction score
It appears the controller is not charging plug it in and the lights go on, but go out within 30 seconds. It also does not stay on to turn it on. any one have that problem.

It appears the controller is not charging plug it in and the lights go on, but go out within 30 seconds. It also does not stay on to turn it on. any one have that problem.
I take it you understand the cryptic press sequence to actually turn it on? First a quick press of less than a second, briefly let it up then a second press and release?

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
Not to sound like a jerk but have you read the manual? To turn it on you have to press the power button one quick press then after that hold it down and it will power up. When you plug it into charge you don't press anything. When fully charged all the LED's go out on the controller and the batteries. Page 32 and page 36 of the manual.
Hopefully you didn't receive a defective controller.
Info:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/Phantom+4+Pro+Pro+Plus+User+Manual+v1.0.pdf

I downloaded the full .PDF onto a flash drive, took it to Kinkos/FedEx and had them print it out on 3 hole paper and put in a plastic binder for me that way I could reference and page mark certain pages of interest.
I guess I'm old school since I hate to read manuals also but I had the same issue trying to get mine going for the first time.
This new P4P+ has so many settings, configurations and such besides just the manual the great people on the forum have been really helpful, kind with informative/details on this new super bird!
Good luck and fly safe!
:)

Last edited:
I had the same problem. It would quit lighting the leds. Then it would lightly beep every 3 seconds. Plug it in for 20 hours and only get 50% charge. Then it would discharge in about 10 minutes. Had to send it back for a replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a replacement remote, same issue send it back, third one is on its way crossing my fingers.

Got a replacement remote, same issue send it back, third one is on its way crossing my fingers.

The odds of two bad RCs with the same charging problem are astronomical. It may be the charger, not the RC. Have you tried another charger from a friend?

It's been a while since you posted this. What's the status of your reported problem?

The odds of two bad RCs with the same charging problem are astronomical. It may be the charger, not the RC. Have you tried another charger from a friend?

Charger works fine, I even tried theP3P charger. I don't know what it is with the DOA remote controllers. I did talk to the supplier and they said there's been a few but it's the first time he got back to back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl