"Battery Authentication Failed"

Reaction score
My 2 week old P4P keeps saying periodically "Battery Authentication Failed". Often, the message then disappears and the status says ready to fly. Twice now, the bird has made an emergency landing saying the battery was critically low, when there was actually 80 to 90% battery remaining! Today it did it again over water, telling me it was making an emergency landing. With extreme luck I flew it over ground & made safe landing, but don't want to fly again until this issue is resolved. Anyone else had this message?

The periodic message would lead me to believe that you have a battery issue. Not with the power cells, but with the control electronics in the battery. I realize this test would be a waste, but I would take off the props, power everything up and just let the bird sit there for a while and see if the message appears. It could take quite some time before it appears, or it could show up immediately. If it only shows up when flying, then it could be vibration related. The easiest thing to do is try a different battery. The above is only if you have only one.

Battery authentication is a Dji process to verify that you are using dji batteries only. FW checks the embedded battery serial numbers.

Looks like a mismatch between AC FW and the battery FW.

Battery authentication is a Dji process to verify that you are using dji batteries only. FW checks the embedded battery serial numbers.

Looks like a mismatch between AC FW and the battery FW.
Thanks! I was on chat last night with DJI and they are telling me to send the 3 batteries I have back. Sorry to be a dweeb, but what is FW?

Thanks! I was on chat last night with DJI and they are telling me to send the 3 batteries I have back. Sorry to be a dweeb, but what is FW?
Firmware? I updated the firmware 3 times, each time with one of the three batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20