Weird behavior after Firmware upgrade

Reaction score
After a few years of non-use of my P3P I took it on my first overseas holiday after Covid. It worked all fine without any problems. But I get this annoying Message saying "Upgrade Required". One night I decided to do this Update/upgrade. (BIG mistake!!) Why fix if it ain't broke. I have resolved multiple issues already but there is one thing that I am struggling with.

When Power-on the aircraft there are those 4 beeps and the camera rolling around. But an ESC Error message prevent me from turning on the motors.
However, if I just wait a minute or so, the Aircraft beeps again and the camera is rolling around again also.
Now, I don't get the ESC error message and I can fly without problems.
It's like the aircraft needs to boot twice for it to work without an ESC Error message.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

This is getting from BAD to WORSE. Now I had the "Aircraft Locked" message. "If you update your firmware this will still be locked."
I updated the firmware. The Log file said that the BIN file is corrupted, try again downloading.
I downloaded the BIN file again and tried to install. It still seems to be a corrupted BIN file ???
I rebooted the Aircraft and now all I get is a constant beep - beep - beep - beep - beep.......... not stopping, no lights on the Aircraft or anything. I will NEVER EVER EVER update any firmware anymore.
This is just ridiculous.

Ouch. Good reminder to others though, to ignore the message if it still flies fine as is. Wish I could offer help but don't know where to begin. Don't think DJI customer service supports P3P anymore either but might help to unlock it.

@ Brigerdrones: You are right! I had a PM from DJI with a link to download the BIN file again from a different location than the regular Download Page . And this is not the latest Firmware version 1.11.20 but 1.11.30
This installed without issues and all works now as it is supposed to.
Thanks all for your answers

@ Brigerdrones: You are right! I had a PM from DJI with a link to download the BIN file again from a different location than the regular Download Page . And this is not the latest Firmware version 1.11.20 but 1.11.30
This installed without issues and all works now as it is supposed to.
Thanks all for your answers
Glad to help and you got it working.

That's an interesting turn of events.
The constant "beep-beep-beep" can either be caused by FC not booting then it comes from all 4 motors, or by one of the ESCs not booting (then it's only one motor).

I guess it was the latter, because I don't think FC can be recovered by software from a state where it has damaged firmware flashed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik