Battery authentication error

Reaction score
Hello,

I have four batteries, all working, right up until the last firmware update. Off I go into the wilderness and suddenly, as I'm about to take-off, the screen flashes 'battery authentication error'!

I fill in the online form, send it back to DJI, who now want £158.99 to fix.

Yes, I know.

Although it might not be within the yearly warranty period I didn't break it (As far as I know). From this point forward I'm thinking that I really should ignore the updates for as long as possible. Heck if this happened a few more times DJI would get a whole load of cash with people refreshing batteries.

Thank.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Your absolutely right......Updates can make it or Break It.....were the batterys all OEM Dji ? i've heard here that some updates can be bad for Non OEM Batterys !
at that price.with Dji that sounds like a new battery from them so?

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
As far as I'm 'aware' I only go for the authentic DJI batteries and wouldn't really know what a different one looks like. Must do some homework on that one!

They haven't replied so it looks like I'm down one battery :(

I accept that it's out of warranty. I accept that they wouldn't replace a battery they didn't make. I don't accept an update breaking it so all they have to do is tell me.
(Opens eBay, starts searching for a replacement)

Update:

"We had forwarded your question to our FAE team for second review.
‘The error rarely appears. In case we are allowed to provide warranty repair for you as an exception.’

Please kindly noted: This is a special case and the warranty service will not be provided for the replacement battery.
Thank you in advance.

Nice of them. Still don't know exactly why the error occurred. I'll just be wary of updates in the future and delay as much as possible.

Good result though.

i've heard here that some updates can be bad for Non OEM Batterys !
at that price.with Dji that sounds like a new battery from them so?

There have been some sporadic reports of issues with P4 series batteries after updates were performed. I don't believe it's been established whether the batteries that were affected were DJI brand, aftermarket brands, or a mix. I think the reason for that is most owners can't tell if it's DJI or aftermarket battery simply by looking at it. It would be helpful if we could somehow ID the battery in question. I'm inclined to think that the batteries being affected are aftermarket batteries as DJI would have a mess on their hands if their own OEM batteries were affected by their updates. Just my two cents.

Are non OEM batteries sold in the same packaging as the authentic ones

I haven't purchased any aftermarket batteries for either of my Phantoms, so I can't answer that, although someone else may be able to. I focus on the markings on the actual battery itself and compare that to a known OEM DJI battery for reference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl