BAD NEWS !!!

I'm glad you found your bird, and all, but like geert, I don't feel comfortable flying anymore before dji adresses the problems people have reported.

I've had some issues like invalid battery, and non-functioning telemetry, so currently my PV is grounded.

How did you find your P2V?
How far was it from the last recorded GPS position?

I am pleased with your recovery, but becoming less confident in trying
my first flight this coming weekend - assuming that my P2V arrives
from B&H Photo via UPS as scheduled.

Cheers, Gary

wildcatter said:
SUCCESS ! ! ! :D , I found my babe..... lost 3 props but all else looks good. Letting her warm up and dry on the heat register. even the battery is taking a charge. I should have bought a lottery ticket, I am one lucky dog. :cool:

Awesome! That's such great news. My heart would drop if I lost mine and was unable to recover it. Anyway I've posted a thread for tips and tricks on location, recovery and prevention for our fellow Phantom flyers.

wildcatter said:
Well today I went for a flight, was about 400 feet high and about 100 feet away when I lost battery , went to 0. then lost signal. phantom climbed higher and flew away. I switched to return mode and waited, no phantom. I hit find my phantom, it gave me the location, no where to be found. I was in a open field, no tall trees or grass. Never found it, scratch 1 phantom.... :roll:

can you please tell us if you had the latest firmware updates installed? thanks.

wildcatter said:
SUCCESS ! ! ! :D , I found my babe..... lost 3 props but all else looks good. Letting her warm up and dry on the heat register. even the battery is taking a charge. I should have bought a lottery ticket, I am one lucky dog. :cool:

Good to hear.

Now please explain exactly what happened in the first place?

(Sounds to me more like user-error than a true flyaway)

wildcatter said:
Well today I went for a flight, was about 400 feet high and about 100 feet away when I lost battery , went to 0. then lost signal. phantom climbed higher and flew away. I switched to return mode and waited, no phantom. I hit find my phantom, it gave me the location, no where to be found. I was in a open field, no tall trees or grass. Never found it, scratch 1 phantom.... :roll:

Felling sorry for you, I just want to know when you said you lost battery, that was transmitter & where did you press the switch for return to home mode.
by the way Thanks for sharing with us, this incident just trigger an Idea in my mind to save 1K unit with 50$ 3G GPS Tracker. I am going to place a 3G GPS tracker with my P2V. Tomorrow I'll share some pictures.
you guys are most welcome to advise me for this project & I want to know, may 3G signal interfere with P2V Tx & RX or WiFi.
by the way I just received my P2V & TP Link anteena & U. FL Mini PCI to RP SMA cables for long range WiFi link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fazjfuaavtv1i1c/IMG_5619.JPG

Felling sorry for you, I just want to know when you said you lost battery, that was transmitter & where did you press the switch for return to home mode.
by the way Thanks for sharing with us, this incident just trigger an Idea in my mind to save 1K unit with 50$ 3G GPS Tracker. I am going to place a 3G GPS tracker with my P2V. Tomorrow I'll share some pictures.
you guys are most welcome to advise me for this project & I want to know, may 3G signal interfere with P2V Tx & RX or WiFi.
by the way I just received my P2V & TP Link anteena & U. FL Mini PCI to RP SMA cables for long range WiFi link.

Why did you get 2 TP-LINK antenna?

Geert said:
I don't mind to pay a bit more if that can prevent these flyaways etc. I would feel much more comfortable and having fun with my PV.

To tell you the truth I DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE TO FLY WITH MY PV AT THE MOMENT

Mate, if you want to fly a model aircraft you need to harden up. Nothing on the domestic market is immune to crashing.

IAP said:
Geert said:
I don't mind to pay a bit more if that can prevent these flyaways etc. I would feel much more comfortable and having fun with my PV.

To tell you the truth I DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE TO FLY WITH MY PV AT THE MOMENT

Mate, if you want to fly a model aircraft you need to harden up. Nothing on the domestic market is immune to crashing.

+1

ZonComGMZ said:

Why did you get 2 TP-LINK antenna?

As I saw in P2V range extender they have two small antennas so I gona replace with two big ones.....

wildcatter said:
Yes it was update, no it was not operator error, The battery went to zero and I lost all control and it drifted away.

But Phantoms do not drift away when their battery goes to zero,. they drop from the sky

wildcatter said:

Oh man... I can't even express how much this sucks... My prayers tonight are for you finding that bird... Really sorry, bro.

-slinger

Gizmo3000 said:
wildcatter said:
Yes it was update, no it was not operator error, The battery went to zero and I lost all control and it drifted away.

But Phantoms do not drift away when their battery goes to zero,. they drop from the sky

I can only assume he meant his transmitter battery.

If you root out the pilot errors and noob oversights, what's left is a litany of (as yet) unexplained spin-out's, fly-away's, low-battery warnings (~55% rem), no-battery (0% rem) warnings, and their ensuing RTH's, sky-drop's, and crashes. I'd hardly categorize these as "par for the course" or to be reasonably expected by anyone who pays $1200 to purchase & fly an advanced R/C aircraft touted as providing an "Exceptional Flight Experience" and "PRECISION FLIGHT AND STABLE HOVERING" "...so you can focus on getting the shots".

In defense of DJI and like any manufacturer, I'm sure they're aware of most of these issues (so long as we & dealers report them) and are trying to duplicate & investigate so they can develop countermeasures. It's not atypical of overseas manufacturers to initially be in denial and remain cautiously tight-lipped about new product issues brought to their attention which may be construed as being their responsibility by allegedly inflicting damage or injury to product, property, or person, or becoming a bonafide safety issue. But I think it'd be nice if their attorneys at least cleared an occasional "press release" letting us know they're aware of these (reported) concerns and are looking into them.

Like most of you, I just hate the deafening silence.

iDrone

wildcatter said:

Can you tell us if you were flying in NAZA mode or if you left it in the original, Vision mode? Thanks.

I was in naza mode, all I can say is when it lost or invalid battery it lost gps location and it was drifting with the wind. I used the find my phantom and it gave me a location about 1000 feet from were I was. I went there but no vision. So I just walked in the direction the wind was blowing and about another 1000 feet I found the phantom. It was not pilot error, I tried home lock and then I lost connection. it should have come home om its own. But like I said I think it lost it location when the battery failed. the video shows it drifting and every minute or so it would go in a circle and just keep drifting with the wind. I had 10 satellites and good compass calibration before take off. SO to all you **** heads that think It was my fault , YOU CAN KISS MY ***.................

wildcatter said:
I was in naza mode, all I can say is when it lost or invalid battery it lost gps location and it was drifting with the wind. I used the find my phantom and it gave me a location about 1000 feet from were I was. I went there but no vision. So I just walked in the direction the wind was blowing and about another 1000 feet I found the phantom. It was not pilot error, I tried home lock and then I lost connection. it should have come home om its own. But like I said I think it lost it location when the battery failed. the video shows it drifting and every minute or so it would go in a circle and just keep drifting with the wind. I had 10 satellites and good compass calibration before take off. SO to all you **** heads that think It was my fault , YOU CAN KISS MY ***.................

Did you try turning off the transmitter to engage "return to home"?

I'm also wondering if most people's fly aways are occurring in NAZA mode vs. Vision mode...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj