BAD NEWS !!!

Driffill said:
gpauk said:
My Hero3 Black edition is very quiet, well within EMC regs (I tested it in our labs) and does not disturb GPS at all...

Do some testing with the gopro wifi on. I think you'll find the gopro wifi puts out a lot of noise around the wifi spectrum . . .

I'd be surprised if the gopro interfered with the GPS. The GPS is a totally different system, I can't remember the Hz that the satellites use but I have noticed some funky things happen with my phantom v1 . . .

I have an OSD that connects to the same GPS as in the phantom, it can see exactly what the naza see's without having to have the naza tell it. I've noticed during "hot-starts" (that is when changing to a second battery etc) because I had my FPV screen etc on, I'd have a picture soon after connecting the battery to the phantom and while awaiting the all clear signal, the number of GPS sats on the OSD is usually 8+! I've had 11 sats showing once not even 40seconds after the battery was in!

The stupid thing is, even tho I had 8~11 sats displaying on the OSD, the phantom led would blink green, and one or two reds. Green again, single red . . Etc? So the naza is appearing to say I'm only connect to 4 or 5 when I've got another signal saying the GPS is connected to ~9.

That doesn't seam right?

GPS is around 1575 MHz, well away from wifi. The GoPRo wifi spectrum I measured is a bit cruddy, but should not interfere with any decent GPS. Maybe there are some bad GoPro out there -- there certainly are some cheap GPS modules with very poor RF performance - and some with poor positioning stability. We've tested a lot for our nav systems.... Anyone happen to know what module DJI are using?

Odd on your OSD display. Mine led behaviour always matches the OSD sats number.
As they have added a gps sats based landing timeout, maybe they now only alter the leds when the sats number has been stable for a while. You can get high numbers but if several of them are just setting, it changes fast!

wildcatter said:
Thanks fellas :D

You said you didn't use your back-up GPS Garmin locator on the day it disappeared. I think that's a great idea. Can you expand on that...how do you attach it? Have you ever tested it? The locator mentioned on the Garmin site says it isn't going to be operational in 2016. Do you know anything about that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4