Autopilot no fly zones

Reaction score
I find Autopilot stops me flying when I am 16k away from minor airports. DJI Go is quite happy to let me fly so there is no geo blocking. An 800 square kilometer area round every small aiport covers most golf courses, ports etc that I would like to film. It seems like a programme fault because black box mode works OK it is "cruise mode, zip line" etc that get the No Fly message.

Is this a common problem?

I find Autopilot stops me flying when I am 16k away from minor airports. DJI Go is quite happy to let me fly so there is no geo blocking. An 800 square kilometer area round every small aiport covers most golf courses, ports etc that I would like to film. It seems like a programme fault because black box mode works OK it is "cruise mode, zip line" etc that get the No Fly message.

Is this a common problem?
Sure hope someone that knows will answer. I am having the same issue and have even opened up a support ticket with hangar. There is one youtuber that posted a video that I thought was the trick, but it didn’t seem to work for me. Please let me know if it does the trick for you.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes I do seem to have overcome the problem and all is working well again.
It was due to GPS device signal.. Make sure you have a good GPS signal for the IPad and you can see the GPS data. I was using a blutooth GPS to my IPad. I have to make sure it is paired and the GPS data comming through or I get the problem.
Also a new IOS came through and that may have helped.
Also be careful not to touch the little aeroplane icon when engaging.
Hope it works for you.

Yes I do seem to have overcome the problem and all is working well again.
It was due to GPS device signal.. Make sure you have a good GPS signal for the IPad and you can see the GPS data. I was using a blutooth GPS to my IPad. I have to make sure it is paired and the GPS data comming through or I get the problem.
Also a new IOS came through and that may have helped.
Also be careful not to touch the little aeroplane icon when engaging.
Hope it works for you.
I did indeed. Thank you lazyjack. Yeah I also think that I was hitting the plan icon. Anyway, much appreciated as I am brand new to auto pilot and my only safe practice place was giving me a fit with silly no fly zones.

Fly Safe!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31