AutoLand with out RTH, stoplanding failed

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just posted video from last night . No response as yet from DJI support. Can't figure out why P3S flew several hundred feet away and autolanded with full battery and only weak signal. RTH alt. set at 164 feet but no RTH. I did update firmware just before take off. But now 'firmware version' shows: na.

See my updated comments below.

Last edited:
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

I'm not sure what you uploaded above. You can only upload a DJI GO TXT flight log.

Recovered my P3S last evening in the woods after it autolanded in the trees just 75 feet from the waters edge of our local lake. Props nicked up but no camera nor drone damage. I cleaned it up and inserted an fully charged battery and it acted like it was going through a new FW update all over again. It had just updated to latest version on Jan 15th, 2017. Flight data shows all settings correct and GPS good and RTH alt. 165 ft during crash flight Jan 15th.
When ready for take off yesterday , Jan 16th, I get a RTH setting of 0 ft. !! Did the firmware reset this? I tried to reset to 50 meters and it refused because the max. alt. setting was again, 0 ft. !! I had never changed that manually in the past 5 months of flying and never had a problem before this FW upgrade. Will post a video of the crash from camera on YouTube today. I have never had a crash after a FW upgrade; actually never crashed at all except tree snags of no consequence; this is the first. Unnerving !!

I did fly it once yesterday after re-setting RTH and max alt. Up 200 ft and away 80 ft. Hit RTH and it did return and begin autolanding until I stopped and manually landed. Appears to work well now.

Last edited:
I had one time when the settings in the DJI Go app changed, without my help. RTH altitude was 0. Max distance was 0. Could not reset either setting. Shut everything down. Came back an hour later, and all worked correctly. Strange, but a good lesson to check all settings, every time you start up. Don't assume... check!

Reactions: APR
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

is this what you wanted? You can see that at 1.4 min into the flight it is "autolanding' but yet is flying AWAY from Homepoint at the same time !! and at a speed of 18 mph.
So I was looking at this yesterday, had to leave, then of coarse forgot about it tell now.
By looking at the data my only answer was the wind took it.
I would really like to figure this one out.
Anybody Else?

Rod

@FrankAVCam

"it acted like it was going through a new FW update all over again"
That is twisted. o_O

"I get a RTH setting of 0 ft Did the firmware reset this?"
(Firmware / software updates) Sure can and has. :eek:

"I did update firmware just before take off."
Had you restarted everything before you took off?
Maybe the firmware had not really finished?
Yeah, I'm way out there, just a thought. :rolleyes:

Rod

You can see that at 1.4 min into the flight it is "autolanding' but yet is flying AWAY from Homepoint at the same time
Your Phantom was trying to auto land because the remote controller signal was lost. You did not cancel the auto landing when the remote controller reconnected, so your Phantom continued to land. It then started to fly away from the home point since you had the right stick in the full up position. You basically commanded it to fly away from you and then allowed it to land into the trees.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31