Attention Litchi Users!

Reaction score
Litchi pilots please help! I have a P3S with an antenna mod. Following enthusiastic recommendation I have recently installed Litchi on my Samsung Galaxy S7 for use with my P3S. So far I have only used the VR FPV mode. Very neat to say the least. Surprisingly high resolution. So I'm now doing research in an attempt to educate myself in proper use of the other functions of this somewhat esoteric software. If you currently or have ever flown using litchi rather manually or autonomously via waypoint mission upload I am seeking your input. What tips regarding litchi features, litchi modes, follow, VR FPV, waypoint missions, experiences, also do's and or don'ts? Please advise. I appreciate any input as I am seeking enlightenment regarding this enigmatic flight control app. Thanks in advance!

Hmm. I am a bit wary of using Litchi on the newer firmware because I hear people saying it suddenly loses connection and when it does Litchi doesn't initiate Return to Home --> Lost drone. I have used it a couple times with the Phantom 4 for the FPV mode and tbh, it wasn't that bad, but for recreational filming, I think the DJI Go app does its job sufficiently.

Litchi pilots please help! I have a P3S with an antenna mod. Following enthusiastic recommendation I have recently installed Litchi on my Samsung Galaxy S7 for use with my P3S. So far I have only used the VR FPV mode. Very neat to say the least. Surprisingly high resolution. So I'm now doing research in an attempt to educate myself in proper use of the other functions of this somewhat esoteric software. If you currently or have ever flown using litchi rather manually or autonomously via waypoint mission upload I am seeking your input. What tips regarding litchi features, litchi modes, follow, VR FPV, waypoint missions, experiences, also do's and or don'ts? Please advise. I appreciate any input as I am seeking enlightenment regarding this enigmatic flight control app. Thanks in advance!
Hey there flown litichi heaps very reliable in my book I’d say just take it slow I started with a simple 3 point waypoint flight above my head made sure it carried out all the flight ok,now well let’s say I can go and setup really detailed flights , tips .... end the mission on a waypoint close to start, go over the mission like ten times ! Checking every waypoint alt , speed etc have a good abort plan in your head to be honest there’s no better way then just get out there push buttons and learn you shoulda saw my face the first time I flew far with it hehe
I’ve never looked at my watch so much !
But rewarding app maybe keep an eye on your rth setting every update , every flight I tend to over check stuff but I’ve had well over 300 long flights no loses or crashes so the old measure twice cut once rule seems to work , ps I’ve heard of app crashes stuff like that so I’d say just run that app alone and all should be gd , just my two cents

There are some good YouTube tutorials out. I have watched many of them and have ran numerous waypoint and panoramic missions. I also took the Lichi Handbook class.

The Litchi Handbook | Udemy

They should have another $9.99 special soon if you can wait. You can also use the Litchi help page.

Help - Litchi

Hope that helps.

Thank you all for the input. Sorry it took so long to get back to this thread. I have been busy with work and also a few mods to my now far from stock P3S. Loving the litchi VR with goggles. Started playing with waypoint missions. Followed your recommendations and now I have only one question. Any advice for making the 10 or more minutes my drone is out of range less nerveracking while flying 3 or 4 mile waypoint missions? I now have pretty intense anxiety after about 10 minutes out of radio contact with my beloved P3S even though she always does come home. Great app. Oh also, when flying VR mode over a mile away rth does work properly. I can typically observe it happening since the 2.4ghz video signal is not lost until about 1.5-2ish mile range and rth initiates when my shorter wavelength 5.8ghz control signal usually cuts out first. On a more sincere note, what uses have other Litchi based Phantom pilots found for the app's features?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers