ArgTek Issues

Reaction score
Hi,
I ordered and installed my argtek mod for my phantom 3 standard as I was not getting enough range at all.
Installation went well, all the connectors 'clicked' and were glued into place.
I took the P3S out for her first test after installation at the beach today so I had no obstructions. I got her to about 1,100 feet away at 50m height and I lost RC signal and Image Transmission signal. The failsafe RTH kicked in and I went for a second try, I got out to 1,118 feet max distance. This is nowhere near as far as I wanted / expected! I've watched people get 6,600 feet with this mod on YouTube, why is mine not working? I was adjusting the antennas direction and pointing at the drone at all times. Has anyone got any ideas, tips or help for me as it's annoying that I've invested in this mod and it hasn't done much. I'm using 2x 7dbi 2.4ghz flat antennas and 1x 10dbi 5.8ghz omni antenna. I've attached a screenshot from the Go app at my max distance so you can see. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4078.JPG
    IMG_4078.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 834
Consider:

The argtek is not all that.

Are you sure you didn't mess up the mod somehow? It's not uncommon for new folks. Maybe the cable was inferior or you didn't tighten up one of the connections or the cable got kinked in the controller or you pinched a cable when you closed up the controller or ...etc.

Look into a rubber ducky coupled with a windsurfer. (edited)

Are you sure you're aiming the antennas correctly?

Could the cross wind from the water have messed up your polarity?

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer an ITELITE?

Welcome to the site!

Last edited:
Same exact thing happened to me got the artec mod today installed it and took to beach I am on vacation. got 1600 feet max I thought the argtec doubled it. going to try to add a windsurfer to it to hope that helps...

Thanks for your reply, I will reopen my controller tomorrow and have a look what's going on. I'll let you know if there was any problems. I've looked into windsurfers but reviews tell that they're a little inconsistent. The itelite is an option but only if the argtek is well and truly useless...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for your reply, I will reopen my controller tomorrow and have a look what's going on. I'll let you know if there was any problems. I've looked into windsurfers but reviews tell that they're a little inconsistent. The itelite is an option but only if the argtek is well and truly useless...

I am saying is it possible to add windsurfers to the argtec mod?

Reactions: Fly Mark Fly
Dang. Looks like we are all having bad luck with these. I tried and tried on several different days to get max range out of an ARGtek. 2200 feet was my absolute best. Both the bird AND the video completely lost signal. I sent mine back for a refund today.

Dang. Looks like we are all having bad luck with these. I tried and tried on several different days to get max range out of an ARGtek. 2200 feet was my absolute best. Both the bird AND the video completely lost signal. I sent mine back for a refund today.
Where did u buy the mod from?

Guys. I wouldn't try to put a windsurfer on it. It's advertised as "Increases range by 4x". Why should we have to put a band aid on it, just to get it to work marginally better? If it doesn't work as advertised, send it back. If someone sold you a car and said that it got 50mpg and it really got 12mpg, wouldn't you take it back?

• "Our antenna kits will extend the range up to 4 times the DJI rating"
https://www.amazon.com/BlueProton-P...ie=UTF8&qid=1482972781&sr=8-1&keywords=argtek

Reactions: Eddie258
I bought mine from argtek themselves, I'm not bothered about a refund at the moment but I see where you're coming from. Not working as advertised. I'm still gonna reopen my rc to see if there's any visible problems and if not I'll probably contact argtek themselves.

Reactions: Fly Mark Fly
OK. Please post back as to what they say.

I opened mine up today too. I thought for a second..... "Could I have possibly crossed a 2.4ghz lead with a 5.8ghz lead?" Nope. Everything was 100% correct.

So they told me to join their Skype support group, which I did, where I explained my situation. Here's a direct quote of their reply:
'Is ok, could you try open the RC and check the connection again! because sometimes plugged into the pin not correctly will cause the signal.'
I told them I would reopen and check, they said:
'update us after you checking.thanks'
Looks like I'll have to reopen tomorrow and send a pic or something...

Guys. I wouldn't try to put a windsurfer on it. It's advertised as "Increases range by 4x". Why should we have to put a band aid on it, just to get it to work marginally better? If it doesn't work as advertised, send it back. If someone sold you a car and said that it got 50mpg and it really got 12mpg, wouldn't you take it back?

• "Our antenna kits will extend the range up to 4 times the DJI rating"
https://www.amazon.com/BlueProton-P...ie=UTF8&qid=1482972781&sr=8-1&keywords=argtek
Sounds like a good plan are u going to go with the dbs mod then?

I wonder if this is a coincidence that all 3 of us had the same results from the kit? I wonder if there was a bad run of them? I've seen videos on Youtube of guys going 7000, 8000 feet. Heck, I'd be stoked with 4000.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic