ArgTek Issues

My first day with Argtek, I was a little bit scared to push more, without it my record in the same direction was 700 meters. I'm flying in residential area and made an PapaTita mod for 24db.

shqTY2h.jpg
Any way to do Papavital mod without computer

How long does it take for BlueProton / ARGTek to get more of these in stock, im going to guess where was a defective batch because it seems it's hit or miss with the most Recent batch of them

Mine is all stock, I just bought the windsurfer. I'm gonna try mine with the windsurfer again because I can't quite remember if I had it on or off when I got my max distance of 966 metres. I have a feeling it was without it and that the windsurfers didn't do much. Nice day today, I will try again.

Any way to do Papavital mod without computer

There is Icarus software that loads to your android - it then modifies the power levels without need for computer.

Nigel

Got the new one on today. No testing today though. I'm just worn out from working so much overtime this week. o_O

Attachments

• 20161230_174304.jpg
    20161230_174304.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 436
Hi,
I ordered and installed my argtek mod for my phantom 3 standard as I was not getting enough range at all.
Installation went well, all the connectors 'clicked' and were glued into place.
I took the P3S out for her first test after installation at the beach today so I had no obstructions. I got her to about 1,100 feet away at 50m height and I lost RC signal and Image Transmission signal. The failsafe RTH kicked in and I went for a second try, I got out to 1,118 feet max distance. This is nowhere near as far as I wanted / expected! I've watched people get 6,600 feet with this mod on YouTube, why is mine not working? I was adjusting the antennas direction and pointing at the drone at all times. Has anyone got any ideas, tips or help for me as it's annoying that I've invested in this mod and it hasn't done much. I'm using 2x 7dbi 2.4ghz flat antennas and 1x 10dbi 5.8ghz omni antenna. I've attached a screenshot from the Go app at my max distance so you can see. Any help would be appreciated!

I had the same problem when I first tested argtek. ARGTEK suggest 300 ft above to get good results. The longest distance happened to me on 380 ft. altitude. Hope this helps.

One thing I haven't seen talked about in this thread is where are you flying from. All these videos I have seen of the guys with the great Argtek results seem to be out in the country or at least on the edge of a city. I live in a subdivision of houses where everyone has wi-fi and I am lucky to get 500 feet stock whereas these guys in the videos all seem to be getting a couple thousand feet stock, so I don't think it is fair to assume that the thing isn't working if you live in an area with lots of signals to interfere and you don't get great distance. I haven't seen anyone post that they didn't increase at all and I doubt bad wiring would account for the results because then you probably wouldn't get a result even as good as stock.

I bought BlueProtons Argtek kit last Spring and had same results most everyone else (poor). At 300 feet alt at a chosen spot I got 1800ft distance with stock, and after the mod about 2200ft. Slight improvement but definitely not meeting the marketing claims or hype. The spot had a treeline but I was pretty high. Ive tested as well sitting on the side of a mountain and flying directly out over the valley with no obstructions. In this case I made it out over a mile with Argtek, but this type of flying is fairly rare for me. On average, I only get about 20-30% improvement which wasnt really worth the money IMHO. It’s as good as stock, but not much better.

I am watching this thread closely as I'd like to do this upgrade.
Please continue to update with status of your investigation and Seller's responses.

Thanks for this info.

If your flying in areas with lots of interference then no mod is going to give great results,that the disadvantage of using wifi signal for video transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did the install yesterday and before I attached the back I decided to check all the ribbon cables. Glad I did. When removing the antenna cable I accidentally pulled too hard and disconnected the small cable on the right side to the main board

Received as a gift this week, the $69 Blue Proton kit with 6 antennas. Wasn't too optimistic but I installed the kit anyway. Heard that the the 7 dbi panels are not really good. First time out with it yesterday and using just the 10 dbi and 7 dbi tall antennas I flew out a little over 3800 feet @ 250 feet altitude before the first weak video warning. I'm not used to this kind of range in iffy winter weather so I chickened out and came back. This was while flying in a valley over hundreds of smart power meters. The best I ever got in the same location with stock antennas in good weather was 800-900 feet before completely losing video and 1200 feet before RTH kicked in. Hardest part was removing the white silicone. Also noticed that only about 70% of the remote's main board had sealant applied. I'm sure weather permitting it could do better.

Received as a gift this week, the $69 Blue Proton kit with 6 antennas. Wasn't too optimistic but I installed the kit anyway. Heard that the the 7 dbi panels are not really good. First time out with it yesterday and using just the 10 dbi and 7 dbi tall antennas I flew out a little over 3800 feet @ 250 feet altitude before the first weak video warning. I'm not used to this kind of range in iffy winter weather so I chickened out and came back. This was while flying in a valley over hundreds of smart power meters. The best I ever got in the same location with stock antennas in good weather was 800-900 feet before completely losing video and 1200 feet before RTH kicked in. Hardest part was removing the white silicone. Also noticed that only about 70% of the remote's main board had sealant applied. I'm sure weather permitting it could do better.

My stock antenna in the best conditions gets me out to 2500 feet at like 100 feet up

Hopefully with the same kit I'll be able to get the 1 mile mark

Well, finally had some good weather today. Low 40s, no wind at all really so took the p3s out for a distance run.

I've had the argtek installed since day one for this drone. I usually max out at around 5k feet with all three panel antennas being used.

Being that I wanted to go way further than this I decided to try the Power Mod as well. Flashed the controller this morning at a value of 24. Pushed the drone out to 10,683 via Litchi distance. Flight log shows a tad under that for final distance.

I will say this....SCARY. Lost video feed around 10k, but still had updating distance, altitude, battery etc so kept going. Finally lost everything at 10.6k. Let rth kick in and prayed. Was the longest 3 minutes ever until video feed and telemetry started being updated again.

The drone arrived safely back at home with around 40% battery left (no battery mods done yet).

All in all, super impressed with today's results. Only downside was it appears to have not logged the last 3k feet of the return trip.

cdde3f720e31e48f8c8afa207776108c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: xxxntwv
Well, finally had some good weather today. Low 40s, no wind at all really so took the p3s out for a distance run.

I've had the argtek installed since day one for this drone. I usually max out at around 5k feet with all three panel antennas being used.

Being that I wanted to go way further than this I decided to try the Power Mod as well. Flashed the controller this morning at a value of 24. Pushed the drone out to 10,683 via Litchi distance. Flight log shows a tad under that for final distance.

I will say this....SCARY. Lost video feed around 10k, but still had updating distance, altitude, battery etc so kept going. Finally lost everything at 10.6k. Let rth kick in and prayed. Was the longest 3 minutes ever until video feed and telemetry started being updated again.

The drone arrived safely back at home with around 40% battery left (no battery mods done yet).

All in all, super impressed with today's results. Only downside was it appears to have not logged the last 3k feet of the return trip.

cdde3f720e31e48f8c8afa207776108c.jpg

Can't be possible with those inferior argtek antennas,you need dbs as it's the only antenna mod that increases distance that much lmao. Just joking as every time someone ask about the argtek they get a crap response praising how great the dbs is and the argtek is junk. I use argtek also and have had excellent results also

Can't be possible with those inferior argtek antennas,you need dbs as it's the only antenna mod that increases distance that much lmao. Just joking as every time someone ask about the argtek they get a crap response praising how great the dbs is and the argtek is junk. I use argtek also and have had excellent results also

Lol.

Up until today I wasn't all that impressed with argtek. I mean there's nothing wrong with 5k feet, but I expected more I guess.

I'm sure Power Mod and using my tripod for the controller helped immensely.

For casual flying argtek is great imo. But...for true long distance, dbs does have it beat hands down.

Next up will be battery mods I think.

a89fffd9ed4796882036fa5e7865e701.jpg

Lol.

Up until today I wasn't all that impressed with argtek. I mean there's nothing wrong with 5k feet, but I expected more I guess.

I'm sure Power Mod and using my tripod for the controller helped immensely.

For casual flying argtek is great imo. But...for true long distance, dbs does have it beat hands down.

Next up will be battery mods I think.

a89fffd9ed4796882036fa5e7865e701.jpg

I would like to try the dbs but from the tests I've watched on YouTube they seem hit or miss also.and don't seem to get the great range unless they're out in an open area also.

I would like to try the dbs but from the tests I've watched on YouTube they seem hit or miss also.and don't seem to get the great range unless they're out in an open area also.

Open range is one thing I have plenty of. Nearest town with any interference is about 15 miles away. Outside of that, relatively flat wooded areas or farm fields.

Reactions: xxxntwv
My only issue now is the unbalanced weight of the controller.

I am thinking of constructing a transmitter tray - this will do two things. 1 keep that weight under control and 2 keep controller at best angle to model saving keep altering antenna.

OK - here's something to think about.

Every picture you see of antenna has them pointing UP. You can in fact point them DOWN and still have same signal etc.
One aspect I'm thinking about .... the two side 2.4 antenna, if set at slightly different angles to each other - would that give same results but less need to alter angle in flight ?

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20