Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

Registered with an N number as a commercial aircraft. Just waiting on the 333 which is a couple of weeks away from approval, and I'm good to go.
There's going to be an example made of for people who refuse to register to impress the seriousness of this. Don't be an example.

Reactions: Jahbass
i see no point fighting the registration. Nothing I gave the Gov to register is anything they don't know or couldn't find out with even the least effort of any low level employee with a few clicks on a computer.
Also since I live in Chicago where I am sure to run into a cop somewhere who will want to see my registration, and eventually hope to be cleared for commercial use, YES, I did.....
Resistance- on this point-is Futile

Just wondering..I live very close to a busy airport. When I get my uav it will be used at my weekend home 100 miles away. My official adress is 1/2 a mile from this airport. My question is..When ever there is a drone spotted are they going to be coming to my house to question me? Do I need to keep my uav home or can I leave it at my summer house?

The young and dumb are like sheep they dont know any better.the older and wiser are more cautious. Today they register next could be something else. So sign up ladies somebodys gotta do it.

Yes, but technically NO ONE is registering their drones. We are registering ourselves as drone pilots. It is OUR number we affix to the drone(s) and is the same number regardless of how many drones you own. You can even register and NOT own a drone.
exactly.... they didn't ask if you have a drone or any info like that and YES I registered the first day. I live in a small community and when i fly I am sure someone will complain or at least call the cops to see if it is a registered drone. I do not see the big deal.

The young and dumb are like sheep they dont know any better.the older and wiser are more cautious. Today they register next could be something else. So sign up ladies somebodys gotta do it.
young and dumb ha ha how about old and hey I fought the law and the law won to many times in my young and dumb life so call me a lady but yes I registered, and when you dont and they come after you with the big fines and take your 1000.00 quad away I will be flying....

I’ve been reading all of the posts and considering all the points of view represented here. I’m convinced of a few things:

It seems to me that the attitudes of “It’s only 5 bucks and only takes a few minutes to register” and “the government already has this information on you anyway” misses the big picture. Small picture thinking is why Hillary may win in November. This greatest nation in the world is becoming more and more dependent on small picture thinking.

I’m going to join the AMA (hold on, I will do it right now. OK, Im now a member) and I will register with FAA – but not just yet. Maybe middle of February…or March.

These comments are my opinion, and I do respect the opinions of others and I really value the discussion that is going on here. This is an added bonus to the purchase price of the Phantom

While the scarecrow, tin man and lion were wetting their pants in fear (along with the entire city), only a little dog had the brains to pull at the curtain and expose the truth. There's a lesson to be learned there.

This quote makes me smile and will give me something to think about. The TRUTH. That's what we should all be seeking. Drone On - You people are awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions: joe21 and aka1ceman
I registered mine....but I noticed other people's aircraft have the numbers in plain site. Why can't I just use their number on my Drone? Then, if it crashes and someone get hurt or killed, they are blamed. Why put the number so everyone can see it?

I registered mine....but I noticed other people's aircraft have the numbers in plain site. Why can't I just use their number on my Drone? Then, if it crashes and someone get hurt or killed, they are blamed. Why put the number so everyone can see it?
Your number does not have to be on outside of your aircraft

Yes, but technically NO ONE is registering their drones. We are registering ourselves as drone pilots. It is OUR number we affix to the drone(s) and is the same number regardless of how many drones you own. You can even register and NOT own a drone.
Well actually we are "Obtaining a registration number to fly any Radio Control Aircraft over .55 Lbs, Less than 50 lbs if I recall correctly. Does not mean we own a Drone, so to speak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Mauk
Well actually we are "Obtaining a registration number to fly any Radio Control Aircraft over 5.5 Lbs, Less than 50" if I recall correctly. Does not mean we own a Drone, so to speak.

Over .55 and less than 55 pounds,not inches.

its really no big deal. I registered and don't think I lost any of my rights. And when you really get down to it that is what we are all concerned about. They already know more about me that I would like so one more small idem is no big deal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT