App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

2 questions.
Why are we all having the intermittent corrupt file issue? I've read numerous postings of people who have had multiple flights with the same settings, properly stopped the recording before powering off their units, and still have only some "corrupt" files especially while trying to use Premiere Pro. I too have files that need attention.....but am concerned as to the source of the original problem. Seems to me that we would all be better off if we can pinpoint the cause of the corrupt file. I've been using the supplied micro SD card from DJI. Perhaps this card is too slow to handle the 4k video stream? I've read that sometimes the issue is the card reader. I just tried a brand new reader from SanDisk with no luck. Are we supposed to reformat it every time we use it? Is there a setting that is off in the DJI Go app that has a bug? Do we need to perform a factory reset on our birds? If it is a codec issue on our computers, why then do some files work while others that were shot on the same flight with the same settings result as being corrupt?

Secondly, I'm having problems getting the app to run properly. I have the latest version of the app. I have specified the good and bad file. It runs through the first 2 steps very quickly but fails on the 3rd. Also, the fixed.h264 file that is created as a result is only 1 KB in size. Let me know what info or files would be helpful to diagnose the problem. Thanks.

Last edited:
Update for anyone having similar problem. I was having multiple videos that were corrupt even though I properly powered down the bird. I think my problem was that I didn't format the SD card in the unit when I would delete the previous files. Now that I've formatted the card (not on the computer) the files work properly.

Secondly, I could see the corrupt files using the windows media player. However they would stutter during playback. But Adobe premiere pro wouldn't import the corrupt files at all. I tried djifix app and a few others with no success. I was able to use the files after converting them from .mov to .MP4. Then premiere pro would import them and edit them without issue.

@sewee

Welcome to the Forum!

I guess I missed your first post or you added something when you made an edit. But then it was a Monday. ;)

So yes, I agree, I have seen many posts that formatting the SD card fixes about three different problems, one of them is you start recording and it stops by itself. (happened to me).

Corrupt video file plays but looks like it hiccups, or somebody bump the record player while your making a recording on your cassette tape.:eek:
Hum, I made video on Thursday which has a couple of hiccups, two more yesterday and those are worse. :)
Happen to me before, maybe 6 months ago, and now again. ;)

I also use mp4, instead of mov, but it has been stated that the quality is the same, mov is a play back container, I have done some programing. I get the idea, but then well sorta. :rolleyes:

I have posted many times about formatting the SD card. I always say format with the app. I very rarely format, I do a copy cut paste to a computer using the USB cable. Its fast enough for me, and I don't have to mess with the tiny card. I also don't forget to put it back in. ;)

Thanks for your post...

Rod

Hi @Luis J.
I have had issues with a file too. I think the SD card was the issue, which I have replaced and seems to be working ok now.
Tried your software (and many others) to try and recover a file. However, everything I have tried only recovers 2 seconds of video (4.28MB). The original damaged file is 326MB and should be about 5 minutes long.
I have uploaded the damaged file to google drive here: DJI00222.MP4
Perhaps you could take a look at it and let me know if there is any hope for the everything past the 2 second mark?
Thanks.
p.s. also had the fixer.exe error - because I launched it from the zip without extracting to a folder first:rolleyes:.

Hi @Luis J.
I have had issues with a file too. I think the SD card was the issue, which I have replaced and seems to be working ok now.
Tried your software (and many others) to try and recover a file. However, everything I have tried only recovers 2 seconds of video (4.28MB). The original damaged file is 326MB and should be about 5 minutes long.
Perhaps you could take a look at it and let me know if there is any hope for the everything past the 2 second mark?
Thanks.
p.s. also had the fixer.exe error - because I launched it from the zip without extracting to a folder first:rolleyes:.
Welcome to the forum!
If you upload a good file, I will run / test his program on my computer.

Rod

I forgot to mention that I downloaded and used Handbrake for free to convert my corrupt .mov files to .mp4. It worked flawlessly in my case.

As far as the quality of mov to mp4, I haven't finished editing the video so I don't know yet. But at least I have decent quality rather than nothing at all.
Hope this helps others.

The app fix-dji.exe has an option to convert files .h264 to mp4 and mov if you start the app and browse the .h264 file with the second button: [video to fix or .h264] you will usually have no problem to convert that file click: [h264 to mov] and/or [convert to mp4] checkboxes.

Last edited:
The app djifix.exe has an option to convert files .h264 to mp4 and mov if you start the app and browse the .h264 file with the second button: [video to fix or .h264] you will usually have no problem to convert that file click: [h264 to mov] and/or [convert to mp4] checkboxes.

Correction: The application that you linked to is called "Fix-DJI.exe", not "djifix.exe". The original "djifix" application is here: Repairing Corrupt DJI Video FilesRepairing Corrupt DJI Video Files

Unfortunately, absolutely nothing can be done to recover your video (beyond the first 2 seconds). The reason for this is that almost all of the file - beyond the first 2 seconds worth - is filled with nothing but '1' bits. Therefore there is no useful information in (almost all of) this file, and so no more can be recovered from it. (It's as if you had a book where all but the first two pages were printed solid black; obviously you would not be able to read the remaining pages.)

I don't know what caused your file to get corrupted like this, but I suspect that (at some point) it got accidentally deleted - and this 'deletion' caused most of the file to get overwritten with '1' bits.

Sorry.

Unfortunately, absolutely nothing can be done to recover your video (beyond the first 2 seconds). The reason for this is that almost all of the file - beyond the first 2 seconds worth - is filled with nothing but '1' bits. Therefore there is no useful information in (almost all of) this file, and so no more can be recovered from it. (It's as if you had a book where all but the first two pages were printed solid black; obviously you would not be able to read the remaining pages.)

I don't know what caused your file to get corrupted like this, but I suspect that (at some point) it got accidentally deleted - and this 'deletion' caused most of the file to get overwritten with '1' bits.

Sorry.
Wow ok, thought I might be lucky. Thanks for your help.

Great job Luis. I was able to fix a corrupt file. But my fixed video doesn't have the original audio. Is there a way to keep the audio in the fixed file?

The app fix-dji.exe has an option to convert files .h264 to mp4 and mov if you start the app and browse the .h264 file with the second button: [video to fix or .h264] you will usually have no problem to convert that file click: [h264 to mov] and/or [convert to mp4] checkboxes.

Hello Luis, I used your app to fix a corrupt file but the audio wasn't included. Do you know a way to keep the audio?

@bmcfarlin ,

Welcome to the forum!

" Great job Luis. I was able to fix a corrupt file. But my fixed video doesn't have the original audio. Is there a way to keep the audio in the fixed file?"

Hum,
This must not have been a file from a Phantom, because there would be no audio?

Rod

@bmcfarlin ,

Welcome to the forum!

" Great job Luis. I was able to fix a corrupt file. But my fixed video doesn't have the original audio. Is there a way to keep the audio in the fixed file?"

Hum,
This must not have been a file from a Phantom, because there would be no audio?

Rod
Thanks Dan,

No it was from a DJI Osmo. I shot an interview and the file got corrupted (very similarly to what I've been reading above). I used the FIX_DJI 4.1 app and I got all the video back but really would like a way to get the audio back too.

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks Dan,

No it was from a DJI Osmo. I shot an interview and the file got corrupted (very similarly to what I've been reading above). I used the FIX_DJI 4.1 app and I got all the video back but really would like a way to get the audio back too.

Sorry there is not provision for the audio part of the video file because the app was meant to be for DJI drones files (no audio), That would definitely be included for next versions. Sorry!

Hello,
I tried to use your program but when I start to recover the file it says: fixer.exe missing and it doesn't do anything.
Best wishes
Lesley

That could be due to various facts:
1)You are trying to run the program from the root folder = c:\ and it doesnt have privileges to write on that folder (if thats the case run as administrator)
2) You are trying to run the app directly from inside the zip file
3) you are trying to run the app from a network folder

Please create a local folder, copy zip file, extraxt files there and try again!!

Hi,
Thanks for your very fast answer.
Okay, that worked, so now phase 2 100% completed and then phase 3 failed, try again.
Am I still doing anything wrong?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31