Anyone using Sony Vegas Pro....

Reaction score
Is anyone using the above software for editing ?

I'm trying to find the best settings for rendering files with the least compression. I'm not filming in 4k at the moment but will be soon, at the moment I'm just using the 2.7k and wanted to know what everyone is rendering out to to keep the best quality ?

Thanks

I'm trying to find the best settings for rendering files with the least compression. I'm not filming in 4k at the moment but will be soon, at the moment I'm just using the 2.7k and wanted to know what everyone is rendering out to to keep the best quality ?

Thanks
Depends what you want to use it for.
Often use Sony AVC, Hgh Definition 1920 x 1080 , High Profile, CABAC coding, field order None, pixel aspect 1.000, bit rate 15,000,000, audio AAC, 48000 hz, bit rate 320,000, stereo for general viewing.
Pick your frame rate.
I shoot 4k 24 fps often and use the above with 24 fps ( actually 23.976)
You can bump the video bit rate to max it will get slightly better quality.
Problem with other codecs is the player you view with.
Vegas has XAVC upto 4k.
What do plan to view with?

Reactions: BigAl07
Depends what you want to use it for.
Often use Sony AVC, Hgh Definition 1920 x 1080 , High Profile, CABAC coding, field order None, pixel aspect 1.000, bit rate 15,000,000, audio AAC, 48000 hz, bit rate 320,000, stereo for general viewing.
Pick your frame rate.
I shoot 4k 24 fps often and use the above with 24 fps ( actually 23.976)
You can bump the video bit rate to max it will get slightly better quality.
Problem with other codecs is the player you view with.
Vegas has XAVC upto 4k.
What do plan to view with?

Ive just been posting them to Facebook and i realize they compress the crap out of them but wanted a file type that kept the best quality while making it small enough in file size and type for Facebook :)
Ive been using the MP4 1920 x 1080 35Mbps which is under the XDCAM templates.

Here are some templates I have used:
Untitled-1.jpg

There is an NTSC option if you search for it..
Hope that helps.

Ive just been posting them to Facebook and i realize they compress the crap out of them but wanted a file type that kept the best quality while making it small enough in file size and type for Facebook :)
Ive been using the MP4 1920 x 1080 35Mbps which is under the XDCAM templates.

Had same problem until i converted to 8000kbps as suggested here. Quality seems a lot better now.

Thanks
I use sony vegas an I am making a movie for the cinema I render to quicktime Avid codec huge files but it great quality needED for DCP CONVERSION, Avchd when you film with this its already been knocked down thIs is sonys HD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20