Anyone got a copy of DJI Go 2.7.1?

Is the finder window in the itunes app?
A finder window in Mac is any desktop window. Just open one by clicking on your drive icon. alternatively you can click on users>(your user name)>music>etc.

I have every version of the DJI Go app, my iPhone is jailbroken so if I need to I can downgrade to a previous app version. Not that I've had to since the latest version is working just fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have every version of the DJI Go app, my iPhone is jailbroken so if I need to I can downgrade to a previous app version. Not that I've had to since the latest version is working just fine for me.

Even jail broken you can't use a copy from a friend or the web. You must save your own. When iTunes updates the app it overwrites the old app.
If you know of another way let me know.

People upload ipa files online which other people can download then install in their iOS devices. I've been doing this for years. An ipa file is just that, a file, an app. I can downgrade any app to any version directly from the App Store in my device. It's just one of the many tweaks I use to make my iPhone "mine" I get to customize it to my liking.

These are not cracked (pirated) apps they are genuine app versions.

There are still issues being reported (with some frequency) with both the new FW (1.8) and 2.7.2 on the DJI Forums. Some are self inflicted (doing FW upgrade in wrong sequence) but others have done it correctly. Common complaint with 2.7.2 seems to be loss of connection to Aircraft after very short periods and height. Happening on P3s and P4s it appears. But if you go over to DJI forums lots reporting issues.. I'm at a loss to explain why some are some bricked and others seems fine. We know there have been multiple versions of P3P and P3A (motors, etc.).. Wonder if that has anything to do with some with (or without) issues??

Last edited:
The only issue I've come across is that before the update I used to get signal from at least 15 satellites at my home now I get 0. I downgraded back to 2.7.1 again but still have the same problem. I don't know if it's the app or something wrong with my P4

The only issue I've come across is that before the update I used to get signal from at least 15 satellites at my home now I get 0. I downgraded back to 2.7.1 again but still have the same problem. I don't know if it's the app or something wrong with my P4

Heard this one too over on DJI Forum.. Did you upgrade to latest FW that recently came out (Is it 1.8 on P4 as well?)...

I have the latest firmware on my P4 at least that's what it says on the screen

I'd report it to DJI.. The more people they hear from, the more likely they'll finally try to fix some of these anomalies it looks like the firmware caused.. :-(

UPDATE: I had a faulty RC USB board. After hours of tinkering around trying numerous things, I concluded it was the USB socket at fault. Sent my 8 month old P3 back to my supplier, they've fixed it by replacing the RC's USB board. Should have it back tomorrow so will report back to confirm.

Thanks for the help / advice, glad to see this community is still as helpful as always.

Last edited:

As far as my experience goes, latest FW has improved GPS acquisition. You seem to have some other issue.

There are still issues being reported (with some frequency) with both the new FW (1.8) and 2.7.2 on the DJI Forums. Some are self inflicted (doing FW upgrade in wrong sequence) but others have done it correctly. Common complaint with 2.7.2 seems to be loss of connection to Aircraft after very short periods and height. Happening on P3s and P4s it appears. But if you go over to DJI forums lots reporting issues.. I'm at a loss to explain why some are some bricked and others seems fine. We know there have been multiple versions of P3P and P3A (motors, etc.).. Wonder if that has anything to do with some with (or without) issues??
Major differences are in RC. One should look there if there is a trend for one type failing more.

What do they mean bricked
"Bricked" means, typically, that something happens in the firmware update process (smart phones, tablets, anything that allows fw updates) that causes a hard failure in the device.. one that cannot be fixed by the end user/customer.. only can be fixed (usually with a replaced component) by the manufacturer.

Reactions: mrcrane2u
Major differences are in RC. One should look there if there is a trend for one type failing more.
Which differences are you referring to? Standard vs. Advanced/Pro or differences within the advanced/pro model? Sounds like you are up and running on the latest for the aircraft, RC and app (2.7.2) without any issues at all? If so, count yourself lucky I guess based on some of the reports people are filing.. Had a conversation with DJI and they even acknowledged that there was a higher than normal number.. Called the other day and was 42nd in the queue... Are you Android or IOS? Reason I ask there, is that originally I heard you had to have 2.7.2 on Android to work with 1.8 All In One update, yet 2.7.2 for IOS didn't come out until days after the 1.8 fw was released..

Which differences are you referring to? Standard vs. Advanced/Pro or differences within the advanced/pro model? Sounds like you are up and running on the latest for the aircraft, RC and app (2.7.2) without any issues at all? If so, count yourself lucky I guess based on some of the reports people are filing.. Had a conversation with DJI and they even acknowledged that there was a higher than normal number.. Called the other day and was 42nd in the queue... Are you Android or IOS? Reason I ask there, is that originally I heard you had to have 2.7.2 on Android to work with 1.8 All In One update, yet 2.7.2 for IOS didn't come out until days after the 1.8 fw was released..
I am on iOS 9.1.3 with P3P. I have noted that there are 3 different versions of RC hardware.

I am on iOS 9.1.3 with P3P. I have noted that there are 3 different versions of RC hardware.

Sorry, so three versions of solely the Adv/Pro or again Standard, Adv/Pro and ?? Sorry, but you may be on to something since some of the connection issues can be fixed with controller re-linking, back leveling and reinstalling, etc..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers