Any Litchi/Health Drones Combo Experts?

Reaction score
I have a recurring gig on a 1/2 mile long x 1 block wide construction site. I take 14 pics to stitch into a long pano. I have taken the pics manually. The mission shows up in Healthy Drones. Is there a way to export the data from HD (pic positions and all) into Litchi Mission hub, to set a way point mission to automate the picture taking process?

I have a recurring gig on a 1/2 mile long x 1 block wide construction site. I take 14 pics to stitch into a long pano. I have taken the pics manually. The mission shows up in Healthy Drones. Is there a way to export the data from HD (pic positions and all) into Litchi Mission hub, to set a way point mission to automate the picture taking process?
Only 14 pics for such a large area?
More with bigger overlaps would allow a better stitch and more detail.
Anyway ... what I'd do is go and get the free app from DroneDeploy and use that to plan and control the photo taking and stitch yourself.
Here I am using it to shoot a 40 acre site and I could fly the same mission again and again.
i-V3Ps69r-XL.png

Reactions: FunN4lo
I've never heard of pulling the information in reverse like you're suggesting but someone may have a good suggestion *following*

Only 14 pics for such a large area?
More with bigger overlaps would allow a better stitch and more detail.
Anyway ... what I'd do is go and get the free app from DroneDeploy and use that to plan and control the photo taking and stitch yourself.
Here I am using it to shoot a 40 acre site and I could fly the same mission again and again.

I fly at about 360 ft. I can get the width of the property in one shot. Then 14 pics for the length with 1/3 over laps. Then stitch. The construction company keeps a giant print on the wall in the office trailer. (about 6-8 ft long). With the stitched pic on the screen, I can zoom in to read the stickers on the crews hard hats. So there is a lot of detail there.

I am finding it is fairly easy to copy/paste the pic data from HD into Litchi Mission Hub. I am going to build that mission and see how it flies. If it works after I fly the mission, I'll try to remember to post the process.

Thanks for the Drone Deploy info. From your pic, it looks like DD may capture many more pics. I think I will try both this time and see what works best

Thanks for the Drone Deploy info. From your pic, it looks like DD may capture many more pics. I think I will try both this time and see what works best
DD on default settings will take a lot of pics.
Default is something like 70% overlap - that's what's required to be able to do photogrammetry and create accurate orthophotos and contour plans.
That's probably more than required for your current project but you could reduce the overlap as much as you like.
But for a simple line of 14 pics, it would be pretty easy to set up a Litchi waypoint mission, let Litchi sit in the driver's seat and you could just click away on the camera as it takes you along the line in the same position every time you fly it.

I found the DD getting started vids. I can see Drone Deploy will be a bit of a new learning curve. I have the area mapped in DD on my PC. Trying to figure out how many pics it will take, but I am not seeing where that info is at the moment. But this could be very cool. I think the contractor may be impressed with a few features DD would give me.

In the mean time I am copy/pasting all of my pic location info from HD into Litchi to make a 14 way point mission that just takes pics.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic