Another newbie here

Reaction score
Being literally forced into a sudden career change, I decided droning was a viable new venture. I've been flying Tello for a while, practicing skills and subtle touch, but I just got my used P4P today! Now I don't have any idea how to start it. I see a major crash course learning curve in my immediate future. I hope yall don't get tired of basic questions!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: Hounddog
Reactions: Mild Bill
Check YouTube, I see there are a few videos explaining every little thing from opening the box to landing the first time. Good luck and happy flying :)

Being literally forced into a sudden career change, I decided droning was a viable new venture. I've been flying Tello for a while, practicing skills and subtle touch, but I just got my used P4P today! Now I don't have any idea how to start it. I see a major crash course learning curve in my immediate future. I hope yall don't get tired of basic questions!

Hi Bill,
If you intend to hire out as a drone plot, you'll need the certs. Learning to pass the exam will be harder than learning to fly. While studying for the exam, start a regular practice routine -- easy stuff first, then move to tougher stuff. Start with standard mode and get really good at flight control. Get comfortable with every tool and feature in DJI Go4. Get a spare battery or two. Good luck.

Youtube helps alot

Now I don't have any idea how to start it. I hope yall don't get tired of basic questions!
Welcome to the forum!

Forgive the basic question, but have you already "activated" with DJI? This is a common reason that motors wont start for new owners.

I'm there right with you Bill! I'm getting ready for retirement and hope to pick up some side work with my Drone. I'm studying for my cert FAA part 107. I've read my phantom's manual all the way through and still having to look things up as I need them. You Tube channels galore and questions when I get stuck.

Best of luck!

Welcome

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Forgive the basic question, but have you already "activated" with DJI? This is a common reason that motors wont start for new owners.

I bought this drone from the original owner with no communication. I don't know what downloads/firmware, if any, I need to perform since I am a new owner of a used machine. Since this is a "new members/ welcome" thread, should I ask in another thread?

Hi Bill,
If you intend to hire out as a drone plot, you'll need the certs. Learning to pass the exam will be harder than learning to fly. While studying for the exam, start a regular practice routine -- easy stuff first, then move to tougher stuff. Start with standard mode and get really good at flight control. Get comfortable with every tool and feature in DJI Go4. Get a spare battery or two. Good luck.

Thanks, Mike.

You can continue in this or start a thread here Phantom 4 Pro Discussion if you wish .
And Osa was right in his post .

I'm there right with you Bill! I'm getting ready for retirement and hope to pick up some side work with my Drone. I'm studying for my cert FAA part 107. I've read my phantom's manual all the way through and still having to look things up as I need them. You Tube channels galore and questions when I get stuck.

Best of luck!

Thanks, Rig. BTW, thanks also for answering that age-old question, "How do you spell "rigmarol"?" Even my Granny didn't know! The younger set doesn't understand...

You can continue in this or start a thread here Phantom 4 Pro Discussion if you wish .
And Osa was right in his post .

Thanks, Dirk.
My first questions are
Since I am the second owner of this drone, do I need to register or send any information to DJI?
I have no idea what version software/firmware is downloaded to this drone and controller. Which downloads/ updates do I need to verify/install, and in what sequence should I approach them?
I appreciate any guidance you have to offer. I'm flying blind here, so to speak...

Download the go 4 app and register to start with.
Then when you power up your controller and bird you should connect. Look around in the app and you will see what firmware your on. I don’t have a P4 so can’t comment on
Firmware versions but that’s a start.

Thanks, Dirk.
My first questions are
Since I am the second owner of this drone, do I need to register or send any information to DJI?
I have no idea what version software/firmware is downloaded to this drone and controller. Which downloads/ updates do I need to verify/install, and in what sequence should I approach them?
I appreciate any guidance you have to offer. I'm flying blind here, so to speak...
Download phantom 4 pdf manual and have good read,,2nd owner sweet,once you sync your flight data with a cloud logo at top of flight data screen and then a flights come to your device,no need to re register, when all powered on drone , remote,device with usb from remote to device and open djigo4,a blue conect logo will appear so click on it,very top right of screen once you have camera view is 3 small lines indercating settings,click on and go to bottom of list to where it says ""ABOUT""click on and firmware etc will be displayed,I get you some screen shots,,if on old firmware there be a red prompt saying it needed,,this is optional so just check your drone that all is well before updating, some just like older firmware that's all,,if you want new just update it..picture 2 and 3 around wrong way
Screenshot_20181108-201216.jpg
Screenshot_20181108-201407.jpg
Screenshot_20181108-201334.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31