Another newbie here

Download phantom 4 pdf manual and have good read,,2nd owner sweet,once you sync your flight data with a cloud logo at top of flight data screen and then a flights come to your device,no need to re register, when all powered on drone , remote,device with usb from remote to device and open djigo4,a blue conect logo will appear so click on it,very top right of screen once you have camera view is 3 small lines indercating settings,click on and go to bottom of list to where it says ""ABOUT""click on and firmware etc will be displayed,I get you some screen shots,,if on old firmware there be a red prompt saying it needed,,this is optional so just check your drone that all is well before updating, some just like older firmware that's all,,if you want new just update it..picture 2 and 3 around wrong way View attachment 105121View attachment 105122View attachment 105123

Thanks, Ian.

If you purchased this for a career change then, take a drone course somewhere from a repudiable instructor or school. Although you have been encouraged on this site to 'look at' youtube instructional vides, I also encourage you to just type in "first drone flight' and enjoy the 1000s of crash videos from pilots that thought they knew 'how to fly a drone' from watching videos on YouTube. You invested in the drone, now what not invest in an education. As for those saying how easy it is to fly, that's pretty accurate, but its not so easy to fly a pattern, mission, or photo shoot good enough to get paid for it, that takes training, and practice.

Reactions: Rigmarol
Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new P4P, Fly safe and have fun!

Thanks, Rig. BTW, thanks also for answering that age-old question, "How do you spell "rigmarol"?" Even my Granny didn't know! The younger set doesn't understand...
lol, Actually, let Granny know it's spelled RIGMAROLE. There is an "e" at the end officially. When I first got online WAAAAAY back in the 80's my daughter was helping me. She was about 5 at the time and I ask her what I should choose as my "username". I was signing up for CompuServ at the time (dating myself badly). All the names she suggested were taken. So pulled down one of the two volume Dictionary Set and randomly opened and told her to point at any word. Turned out to be "Rigmarole". We tried it and it took only eight letters so the "e" was dropped and I've been using that name all this time!

I know, far more info than was needed but hey, there you go.

lol, Actually, let Granny know it's spelled RIGMAROLE. There is an "e" at the end officially. When I first got online WAAAAAY back in the 80's my daughter was helping me. She was about 5 at the time and I ask her what I should choose as my "username". I was signing up for CompuServ at the time (dating myself badly). All the names she suggested were taken. So pulled down one of the two volume Dictionary Set and randomly opened and told her to point at any word. Turned out to be "Rigmarole". We tried it and it took only eight letters so the "e" was dropped and I've been using that name all this time!

I know, far more info than was needed but hey, there you go.

Good advice on the training, Rig. Do you have a line on a qualified trainer in the North Mississippi area? I'm in the process of packing to move to Arkansas, but I'm sure I could squeeze in some training time before I leave.

If you purchased this for a career change then, take a drone course somewhere from a repudiable instructor or school. Although you have been encouraged on this site to 'look at' youtube instructional vides, I also encourage you to just type in "first drone flight' and enjoy the 1000s of crash videos from pilots that thought they knew 'how to fly a drone' from watching videos on YouTube. You invested in the drone, now what not invest in an education. As for those saying how easy it is to fly, that's pretty accurate, but its not so easy to fly a pattern, mission, or photo shoot good enough to get paid for it, that takes training, and practice.

Good advice on the training, SkipTV. Do you have a line on a qualified trainer in the North Mississippi area? I'm in the process of packing to move to Arkansas, but I'm sure I could squeeze in some training time before I leave.

Good advice on the training, SkipTV. Do you have a line on a qualified trainer in the North Mississippi area? I'm in the process of packing to move to Arkansas, but I'm sure I could squeeze in some training time before I leave.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4