Aaaah, a drone was under the tree!

LMAO on this thread, I figured I was the only one that dealt with this type of anguish. My wife is an avid reader and collector of select books including the one that sat under the Xmas tree - autographed John Le Carre that I found in some remote part of the world. Now I was after a set of VR goggles from Santa but the cost differential at first between the book and the goggles seemed too great at first until I played the pitiful card of having to do hours of research, countless phone calls and speaking to someone in New York chasing down this particular book. I could see the gratefulness sweep over the wife's face and used that as the opportunity to introduce my 'cheap' goggles to sit in one of the two drone cases that support my 'habit'. I felt guilty at first but figured we both had a win, she gets to cradle the book like a baby and I can go outside and return to my youth.
Actually my wife is nothing as I implied, I was just having fun with words. My wife is the best, no kidding. If all men had a wife like mine the world would be a much happier place.

Actually my wife is nothing as I implied, I was just having fun with words. My wife is the best, no kidding. If all men had a wife like mine the world would be a much happier place.
Agreed, like most men there Is as a degree of embellishment, she knows it and I know it. Consider myself fortunate she takes my interest in her stride. I've no idea about Virginia Woolf and she has no idea about my excitement with litchi missions except that it gives us great pleasure. Lucky boy indeed as you are.

This is a very common problem men complain about wifes' and drones but is mostly due to a primary misconception.
Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 with the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a “UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT” program.
Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by its creator to run everything.

It is unlikely you would be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0.
Hidden operating files within your system would cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0 so nothing is gained.

It is impossible to un-install, delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed.
You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this.
Some have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more problems than the original system.

I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and just deal with the situation. Having Wife 1.0 installed myself,
I might also suggest you read the entire section regarding General Partnership Faults (GPFs).
You must assume all responsibility for faults and problems that might occur, regardless of their cause.
The best course of action will be to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE.
The system will run smoothly as long as you take the blame for all the GPFs.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but very high maintenance.
Consider buying additional software to improve the performance of Wife 1.0. I recommend Flowers 2.1, Jewelry 2.2, and Chocolates 5.0.

Do not, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3.
This is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and is likely to cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

While they can be exasperating they can also be the best. I finally received the money clip which I purchased for myself in Santa Fe N.M. two years ago at Christmas. This after my wife forgot where she hid it (having decided it would be my birthday present). So she went back to Santa Fe last week and replaced it. Actually found the same guy and bought a duplicate. So I finally got my money clip for Christmas. Oh yeah, and the Phantom 4 Pro bundle will arrive Monday. I love my wife.

Last edited:
EPILOGUE PART DEUCE ........ This is kinda like that movie Rogue 1. They all die in the end. Sort of like my best laid plans. Well the little woman gets the remote start for her car. Off I go to order my drone. Out of stock. Of course that is not her fault. That's all my fault. Does this mean I can just go ahead and get one of the new ones at regular price? Nope. Was not part of the deal.

John.. you worry me with this post of yours. Are you saying there are post purchase maintenance costs ( you know what I mean.. NOT parts for the drone ) that are going to be incurred?
There's always Amazon / Ebay for a used P3 that's in good shape. I sold mine for a major loss personally just to jump for the p4.

<--- This guy makes stupid financial decisions.

My wife was cackling while I read your post and some of the responses out loud. I'm sure she's not the only woman who would agree with your wife wholeheartedly. Marriage is great if you can both find a way to laugh about these things; she and I almost always do.

I started with a Hubsan X4 - one of those palm sized quadcopters whose flight stability depends entirely on user input. This thing wasn't off the kitchen floor for 4 seconds before her leg was bleeding. In retrospect the advertised flight stability probably helped her decision to go along with getting me a DJI drone for Christmas, if only for an increased sense of safety.

One nice thing about a cheaper drone is the learning curve: if you can fly a cheapie, the Phantom will be that much easier an adjustment - I know it was for me.

Anyway I'm glad you were able to bargain a P3. Thanks for the entertaining post!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor