Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

You paid $1200 for your P3P but dont want to shell out $20 on the app that makes it all work better?

I dislike this statement. It's like calling out someone cheap for not buy a particular model of GPS for their brand new car. If you want to convince people of the usefulness of an app then speak to the good points of it (Airnest has plenty of good things to talk about). Calling someone cheap doesn't really do anything other than make you seem kinda jerky because it attempts to invalidate their reasoning.

This app looks intriguing. I realize the focus on this is to provide a way to setup a flight path and camera target fast and easy, so my next question may not be appropriate for the intent of this app--but is there a way to save a flight path-focus point for future flights? I know there's other apps out there (including the Go app) for more tedious waypoint additions; (though GO app doesn't record gimble pitch angle); but I'm looking for ways to fly a specific path with yaw and gimble pitch angle for "before and after" footage; and being able to save a flight path for later use would be a nice feature on an app like this, imho.

This app looks intriguing. I realize the focus on this is to provide a way to setup a flight path and camera target fast and easy, so my next question may not be appropriate for the intent of this app--but is there a way to save a flight path-focus point for future flights? I know there's other apps out there (including the Go app) for more tedious waypoint additions; (though GO app doesn't record gimble pitch angle); but I'm looking for ways to fly a specific path with yaw and gimble pitch angle for "before and after" footage; and being able to save a flight path for later use would be a nice feature on an app like this, imho.

Steve I can only say that I "think" this was something they mentioned they are hoping to implement in future releases. For now (as best as I can tell) you can't save the mission but it's easy to redraw it on the map and fly it again and again.

Reactions: Justin Miller
BigAl is correct. The feature is not implemented yet but we fully intend to add that. We want to add a save and share feature so you could share flight paths with others.

Justin - just bought the app in iTunes. Where's the best place to send feature suggestions? The ability to pre-plan and save flights/missions would be nice.

what I would like to see, and maybe this is there already but didnt see it. Lets say i know an area i am flying has a roof 30 feet high, and i need to fly under it, but when i get clear of it, i want my bird to climb higher than 30 feet. With the path flying, you draw your finger on the map to set your flight path, and then next screen asks you altitude, but one set height. Would be nice if I can draw a line for path 1, set height to 25 feet, then path 2, set height to 40 feet, etc. Meaning way points with variable height and speed for each way point.

another good point, for each way point, also give me an option to change the point of interest. i guess for footage capturing purpose i can just do a lot of captures and alot of editing, but if i can have one fluid shot that would allow me to change my height and point of interest.

What is the "earliest" FW that will work with this app? ie is FW 1.1.9+ compatable with Airnest?

Sorry for the delay, been neck deep in code most of the day.

brianld - You can email us, use the webform on our website, or leave feedback here. I will continue to monitor this forum and thread. We are working on a saving feature.

[URL='http://www.phantompilots.com/members/bartold.23988/']bartold & jdawg39[/URL] - We do have plans for an advanced version of Path that will allow you to string multiple drawings together with different heights and POI into one flight plan, I cannot estimate the timeline on that.

Toddzilla - You should definitely ensure you have the latest public firmware installed. The functions in the SDK did not become available until the september firmware update and the latest one included more fixes to these functions.

Bought the app the other day (24.99 Cdn I think) and it's been raining since then ! Rain tomorrow as well but it Canada's Remembrance Day so I'll be a busy guy anyway.

Reactions: Justin Miller
Sorry for the delay, been neck deep in code most of the day.

brianld - You can email us, use the webform on our website, or leave feedback here. I will continue to monitor this forum and thread. We are working on a saving feature.

bartold & jdawg39 - We do have plans for an advanced version of Path that will allow you to string multiple drawings together with different heights and POI into one flight plan, I cannot estimate the timeline on that.

Toddzilla - You should definitely ensure you have the latest public firmware installed. The functions in the SDK did not become available until the september firmware update and the latest one included more fixes to these functions.

Purchased the app yesterday and just finished a few flights with it. I unfortunately experienced a black screen and for some reason my bird was very unstable in flight. It was rocking back and forth. I had the speed set to 15mph. Anyone experience this?

Purchased the app yesterday and just finished a few flights with it. I unfortunately experienced a black screen and for some reason my bird was very unstable in flight. It was rocking back and forth. I had the speed set to 15mph. Anyone experience this?

On tight curves and turns at that speed it will be aggressive when flying. We are planning on putting a warning in the app to help users understand this. This is more on the DJI side of things due to their flight code/characteristics. I felt, and correct me if I am wrong, that the ability to high speeds would be necessary for high and long flights, but for short and tight flight patterns you will need to move slower to achieve fluid flight characteristics.

addendum: Straight lines at high speed do work well for me as well.

There is a bug with the interaction between DJI GO and our app in the video side of things, can you try making sure DJI GO is not open in the background when you launch our app? I am trying to replicate it, it doesn't happen for every drone, so that I can try and fix it.

On tight curves and turns at that speed it will be aggressive when flying. We are planning on putting a warning in the app to help users understand this. This is more on the DJI side of things due to their flight code/characteristics. I felt, and correct me if I am wrong, that the ability to high speeds would be necessary for high and long flights, but for short and tight flight patterns you will need to move slower to achieve fluid flight characteristics.

addendum: Straight lines at high speed do work well for me as well.

There is a bug with the interaction between DJI GO and our app in the video side of things, can you try making sure DJI GO is not open in the background when you launch our app? I am trying to replicate it, it doesn't happen for every drone, so that I can try and fix it.
I open the go app before opening Airnest to adjust settings. I did kill the go app before I initiated your app

I have just bought the App, but is it the case you have to register it with DJI when attached to the internet as I believe I read this somewhere before it initialises and one can use Airiest?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl