Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

After only my 3rd flight and trying to fly today I’m getting ESC error!

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Dallas’s drone, May 23, 2018.

1. Dallas’s drone

Super sad today when I couldn’t get this ESC error to clear when restarting my drone! Not sure what it is

2. Joker2415

I'm no expert on this stuff. I had a Pro that did the same thing. I read in the threads to recalibrate the IMU and the compass. It worked on that one for me. No idea why, but it did!!:) I guess there are other reasons this could happen. This is one of the things that I now know to try first.

I have an Advanced that had this issue too, but I have no clue what actually fixed the ESC error. If it was just updated? then the ECS error showed up? It may need a super secret, I mean top secret!!! Update patch!!! haha:) But wait for the experts to chime in before you go that route. I may have mixed one up by doing that by just guessing.

Also, I'm not positive on this..But I think I just read that if you try to take off around any metal, this will or could happen. As an example, on a driveway that has rebar or wire mesh inside it for strength.

This may also be a strange question....But....Did you happen to take off prop guards right before this happened? Just asking!!!!:) (JKG)

That's all I know....Hopefully, an expert will be by to help you out a little more than I can.

#2 Joker2415, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. RunningWithScissors

Just to be clear, are you getting an ESC error, a compass error, or both?

4. Mr. Grinch

Definitely need more info and the flight logs. There are posts on how to download the logs from the phantom.

RunningWithScissors likes this.
  5. whiteghost

Hi

Having the same problem every now and again?
    Seems to happen when I change battery? If I move say 50 yards and re-calibrate all is well !!??

Not to much trouble, but I have seen people with this and had to go back to earlier firmware?