Advice on pro vs pro v2.0

Reaction score
Hi

had my first crash at the weekend dropped my phantom 4 pro (one with the built in screen not sure. What version this makes it)
recovered it but think it’s a write-off as it spent ten mins under water while I was able to grab it

have seen a p4 pro v2.0 online for sale but wanted to know does it use the same controller and batteries or would I be looking at having to replace all my spares ?

have seen a p4 pro v2.0 online for sale but wanted to know does it use the same controller and batteries or would I be looking at having to replace all my spares ?
The original P4 pro and the V2.0 controllers are not compatible.
The original uses Lightbridge for data transmission, while the V2.0 uses Occusync.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
The V2 is a good aircraft with the exception of the yaw issues that can be found via the search button on this forum. Some ac have very slight yaw issues and some are more than the operator would like. The last firmware did correct some of those problems, but not all. The few that I’ve had were not really bad on yaw, but certainly different from the p4p’s that I’ve flown.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Don't write off 10 minutes in the water. It will still fly. The battery is toast
It’s been sat in the airing cupboard drying for four days not tried it yet, I assumed ( being already quite sensitive ) that it would be toasted ( I also have no skills in tech to be able to replace parts ect )

Hi

had my first crash at the weekend dropped my phantom 4 pro (one with the built in screen not sure. What version this makes it)
recovered it but think it’s a write-off as it spent ten mins under water while I was able to grab it

Hi, if you soak it in rubbing alcohol then let it air dry for 2 to 3 days it will be okay except for the battery. You can reference some youtube videos on using rubbing alcohol.

If you can, take the screws off the back of the camera, so it can dry out. It will be the easiest thing for you to do. Any more then that, you may have to send it out to get it fixed, since you said you have no tech skills. Just make sure it is totally dry first.

It's all OK but I don't know or I miss it - was it in the river or in the sea? Even one minute in salt water makes it garbage. Then you'll need to do nothing. Would be only a time loss.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic