Advance v Pro - Camera Options

So.....in summary.... There is VERY little if ANY difference between the P3A and P3P and no real difference at 2.7 and 1080P resolutions.

So.....in summary.... There is VERY little if ANY difference between the P3A and P3P and no real difference at 2.7 and 1080P resolutions.
The FPV guys have a good point that the live video feed is much better on the P3P.
And (if you've got a 4k screen), the 4k probably looks better than asking the PC or TV to upscale a lower resolution to 4k.

I am not convinced of any benefit it downscaling from 4k to FHD as some have argued though. When I try that in Premiere CC I see the telltale shimmering of the resolution conversion.
And I like the smooth accurate look of 50p video. Downscaling can't correct that half of the frames are missing.

How do you explain that in countless flights with both the P3P or P3A I notice no appreciable live feed quality difference?

How do you explain that in countless flights with both the P3P or P3A I notice no appreciable live feed quality difference?
Me too. On my iPad mini I was well happy with the P3A live image. It was a guy with FPV goggles that made me look closer. Looking at the downloaded files on the iPad on a PC screen (since I don't have goggles) the difference is obvious. Two things I now notice even on the iPad are a sweeping horizontal scan effect, and the mushy loss of detail over grass or trees. But to be honest I can live with them. I would have preferred not to have been trained to see them!
Something I pointed out in another post is that at distance the P3P live feed bitrate is poorer than the P3A. What I see happening is that while the P3A might get some torn frames at that distance, the P3P reduces the quality of every frame to try to avoid that defect. The P3P transmitter strength is no different to the P3A, so it can't magic a high bitrate transfer out of a weak connection.

Glad you finally established that spending hundreds more for a P3P is simply a waste of money. Clearly a P3A is a MUCH. MUCH better buy.

Back to the original poster. What do you want out of the machine. If you want the best video go with the Pro. Even if you don't currently have a 4K screen. It future proofs your footage at the highest possible resolution available to the Phantom series. That is all. If you are not using it professionally or are satisfied with the lower resolution go for it. If you don't have a 4K screen and never plan on buying one.. Ever... Ok then.

If cost is the issue I would go advanced. Video is your priority Pro.

I'm out.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have to be honest. I've been holding on to a 4k camera for over a month now, really wanting to believe I should keep it.
But since it was delivered with a defective fan, I am now happy to return it, get my cash back and wait for DJIs next step forward.
Yes the P3A is a superb buy. And if it didn't exist I would have to have bought a Pro!

Exactly. If you want the best video, the Advanced is your best purchase. There is no such thing as "future proof" when the P4 will be out LONG before 4K is a realistic use. And if you truly want a "professional level" drone then you should be spending money on an Inspire Pro. Outside of that, there is basically no difference between P3P and P3A. I have had both. Spend the extra few hundred in cost difference on batteries or something that will actually matter.

I have to be honest. I've been holding on to a 4k camera for over a month now, really wanting to believe I should keep it.
But since it was delivered with a defective fan, I am now happy to return it, get my cash back and wait for DJIs next step forward.
Yes the P3A is a superb buy. And if it didn't exist I would have to have bought a Pro!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj