I wouldn't be too bothered by asking questions of some of the folk on here like Meta4, as they have a world of knowledge and experience that I certainly don't have. His comments regarding compass calibration are spot on and I'm not sure how he keeps up with the same responses time and time again. Your posts are always respectful and often entertaining, no chance of being banned, I belong to a superbike forum and some of the posts are outrageous/illegal and no one cops a hiding.
By the way, after seeing your improv camera sunshade, I was going to make one out of a beer can and send it to you. Maybe tomorrow if the crap weather keeps up.
Ha beer can sun shade love it,thanks for good words ,i shall rest easy with that,superbikes cool,my brother races manfeild all the time ,gsxr 750s,crazy,thanks again and will remember rake at next flight :)

Reactions: tevek
Ok, done the imu thing, and instead of the error which eventually goes away, I now get “IMU warming up”

It seems a bit better [emoji1303][emoji1303] thanks guys

Last question, different topic the “legs” have these hairline cracks in, everywhere, while this isn’t normal, what causes it? I land on soft grass almost always
Imu warm up normal before flight its like system check

Reactions: ijacobs3
1b182269fe8cd02c6c3b93e9dc4c4268.gif

This cracks of which I speak

Ha beer can sun shade love it,thanks for good words ,i shall rest easy with that,superbikes cool,my brother races manfeild all the time ,gsxr 750s,crazy,thanks again and will remember rake at next flight :)
Well send on my regards to your brother with his gixser, I have an S1000RR which wheel stands at 200kph at my local race track. Forecast tomorrow is for more rain and wind, I only need twenty minutes for the rake test.... Keep your posts coming.

1b182269fe8cd02c6c3b93e9dc4c4268.gif

This cracks of which I speak
That panel pops out but from memory you need to buy the whole leg to get the panel. I've never seen that before and I can't see how that would be so damaged. I have small hairline cracks towards the top of legs and no idea how I managed that, but they have not progressed since using the hand catch method to land.

Reactions: John Ericks
Hi Guys,

I got my Phantom 4 roughly a month ago, and up until tuesday, it was a well behaved little drone, but now, it looks like it might need some Ritilan or something, as it cant sit still :(

Attached a a link of a video of it hovering in NO wind ( all thats happened since Tuesday is a cold front came though, and its a bit colder but i doubt that has anything to do with it) .

I havent bashed it, smacked it, or run it into a wall ( yet) but flying it has become a game of russian roulette, you never know, it could see a butter fly and go....

By the looks of it it's just a simple case of slight GPS drift - it's meant to be improved in the new phantoms but I fly a P3S and I get similar drifting. Brand new DJI Sparks can drift for metres in any direction (see many YouTube videos). If it will fly in a straight line without too much issue, don't worry.

Reactions: Tiberious81
Another DJI owner had an issue like this and it was a prop issue believe it or not. He put on new props, performed the IMU and compass calibration just to be safe and it was fixed.

Another DJI owner had an issue like this and it was a prop issue believe it or not. He put on new props, performed the IMU and compass calibration just to be safe and it was fixed.

Balancing props is a common task in the racing crowd, even flying at more docile speeds a bad prop is still a major issue. Even with the rubber mounting on the flight board, with a bad prop you're asking the IMU to give you an accurate attitude reading when this is happening to it:

(exaggerated just a little bit perhaps) :p

Just a shot but i have had a few problems in past no crach try calerbratin counter clock wise but first clean your sensers and try FLYING I cought a big bug in one of the front ones and the remote went crazy beeping like there was something there at 200ft always make sure they are clean before take off HOPE I HELPED

Reactions: John Ericks
I noticed in the video that there was either a proximity beep or the sound of a squirrel. I am going to presume that it is the OA since it's timing is rather even. Could the OA be reacting to the trees.

Hi Guys,

I got my Phantom 4 roughly a month ago, and up until tuesday, it was a well behaved little drone, but now, it looks like it might need some Ritilan or something, as it cant sit still :(

Attached a a link of a video of it hovering in NO wind ( all thats happened since Tuesday is a cold front came though, and its a bit colder but i doubt that has anything to do with it) .

I havent bashed it, smacked it, or run it into a wall ( yet) but flying it has become a game of russian roulette, you never know, it could see a butter fly and go....

Hello fellow south african

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl