Adding to the Fleet

Reaction score
I'm going to add another aircraft to my fleet of one. I'm torn between another P3S ($399) and the P3SE ($599). I'm not convinced I need to spend an extra $200 for the SE.

I'm still skittish flying beyond line of sight but maybe someday? The SE would go further as it sounds as if some sort of Lightbridge is running on the SE.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I'm aware the SE is Wi-Fi but it has better range. Something there is different.
Yes it's true. SE is something bethween lightbridge and wifi. As long a real wifi drone's signal you can see on wifi analyser, (for example P3S) P3SE aircraft will not appear eighter on a wifi channel.

Does it not just put out more dpi's like my P3 4K . It was like 27 when it came out.
I have never heard of anything between WIFI and Ligthbridge .
Let me see if @msinger can verify on this .

I Absolutely Love My P3-SE.......and i love that 4K camera and vision position system and the extended range it has....I sure don't regret my $599.00 purchase 3 months ago and all the super fun flight times..its all that i need in a Drone ! Yeaaaaaaaaaa Drone On -------->

I have checked out the specs comparing the standard and the SE. The advertised range on the SE is much further. FCC Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km) vs 1/2 mile for the Standard. Another discussion raged on that it was some form of lightbridge but nobody knows for sure. Controller looks the same as the Standard. DJI calls it "enhanced" wi-fi. Then again, for another $100 I could get an Advanced.

At the end of the day I would rather have the better camera on the SE than the lightbridge on the Advanced.

LarBear.....many times a person will get all them extra flight goodys and find out they never ever use them !...That's why for months i read all that i could read on the Phantom quad line up.....it became more evident that the P-3 SE was the quad for me....I made the purchase and never ONCE regretted it....I still have that " very 1st take off excitement".... ever time i fire it UP and Lift off to roam the wide open sky above !
I have never once updated any thing....that Quad flys wonderfully with all the firmware it came with ! So Drone On -------->

LarBear.....many times a person will get all them extra flight goodys and find out they never ever use them !...That's why for months i read all that i could read on the Phantom quad line up.....it became more evident that the P-3 SE was the quad for me....I made the purchase and never ONCE regretted it....I still have that " very 1st take off excitement".... ever time i fire it UP and Lift off to roam the wide open sky above !
I have never once updated any thing....that Quad flys wonderfully with all the firmware it came with ! So Drone On -------->

By all means, I can confirm your words. This drone is just awesome. We had some range issues in EU, but when that was solved this drone became probably BEST BUY option for common users.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj