Sould I keep the P3S or change to the Spark

Reaction score
Hi guys, i need some advice, I am in Italy and i just purchased a P3S from a reputable online site that offer 14 days money back no question asked, I paid for it around 380 euro and I took it flying 2 times. I must say it is very fun to fly and the video and photo looks very good however i noticed that is a little big to carry around and also a bit noisy, even if I was flying in a remote location it managed to attract some people.
I am an airline crew member and i travel a lot, I am thinking that maybe it is not the right one for me all thou I like everything about it accept for the noise and size.
Now I am thinking of returning it and buying a Spark Fly More Combo at a current price of 680 euro (basically return the P3S and add an extra 300 euro). The Spark is definitely a better sized drone for my needs but I saw so many videos on youtube complaining about the video and photo quality as well as in flight stability with some wind, range and gesture control problems. What do you guys thing? Should I keep the standard or go for the Spark?
I know the Mavic would get the best of both but as right now it is over my budget. Also another thing to consider is that in Italy I can purchase a extra kit to make the Spark lighter than 300 g with the prop guards mounted allowing it to fly inside the city and over persons, thou it will cost around 150 to 200 euro more...
Thanks to whoever is taking the time to read and reply.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi, I have à P3S to and if you prefere the photos and videos, keep your phantom
But if you want to « play » with your drone (at your home for exemple), choose the spark

Reactions: BigAl07
I have my P3S in a bag and he is not so « big »
I have travel with it to the Pérou

Hi guys, i need some advice, I am in Italy and i just purchased a P3S from a reputable online site that offer 14 days money back no question asked, I paid for it around 380 euro and I took it flying 2 times. I must say it is very fun to fly and the video and photo looks very good however i noticed that is a little big to carry around and also a bit noisy, even if I was flying in a remote location it managed to attract some people.
I am an airline crew member and i travel a lot, I am thinking that maybe it is not the right one for me all thou I like everything about it accept for the noise and size.
Now I am thinking of returning it and buying a Spark Fly More Combo at a current price of 680 euro (basically return the P3S and add an extra 300 euro). The Spark is definitely a better sized drone for my needs but I saw so many videos on youtube complaining about the video and photo quality as well as in flight stability with some wind, range and gesture control problems. What do you guys thing? Should I keep the standard or go for the Spark?
I know the Mavic would get the best of both but as right now it is over my budget. Also another thing to consider is that in Italy I can purchase a extra kit to make the Spark lighter than 300 g with the prop guards mounted allowing it to fly inside the city and over persons, thou it will cost around 150 to 200 euro more...
Thanks to whoever is taking the time to read and reply.

I have a P3S and am considering a Spark as a complement to my P3S. I don't want it to replace my P3S as it does everything I need it to at this time. The only reason I am considering a Spark is for portability and travel. I went on a recent road trip this past summer and brought my P3S with me but did not use it at all. We camped in many beautiful National Parks (Canada) and all of them did not allow drones. There were many places I could have used my P3S but didn't because of time constraints or it would have been too bulky to bring (ie., bike riding with my family), or too intrusive. If I had a Spark then, I likely would have used it. One - its much less intrusive, two - its small, compact and easy to carry and three - launch is much quicker and easier (I wouldn't have to find a launch site as I do with my P3S). Photo quality is important to me and from what I read is comparable with the P3S but just does not have the option of shooting in RAW (which would give you more editing room). The P3S has a 3 axis gimbal so you will get more stabilized video.

When you compare price, they are both around the same for what you get. To equal the flymore package on a P3S you would need to buy an extra battery, a multicharger and prop guards.

From what you say your needs are, the Spark is probably a better choice especially being a member of an airline crew. If you can live with the limitations then its an easy decision.

You know what they say: "The best camera is the one you have with you." For me a Spark is in my future but it will complement my P3S, not replace it.

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl