Which P3 to get next?

Reaction score
First of all, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize, I looked and this seemed to be the best place to ask.

I have had my P3S for under a week and have flown it every day. I LOVE THIS THING! As soon as my dad saw the first video, he had to have one. Since Father's Day is coming up next month, I figure it's an easy gift. The problem is, which P3 do I get?

Right now I'm torn between another P3S and a P3A. If I go with a P3A, I'll likely keep it for myself and give him the P3S, yeah I know what you're thinking, but my dad would expect nothing less lol That's how we roll.

Things to consider: We both live in neighborhoods with a lot of power lines and that's where we will be flying mostly. I have a levee at the end of my block with a marsh for about 10 miles beyond it but there are big *** power lines on the other side of the levee that I can't get in front of.

So P3S or P3A? The best deal I've found on new ones is $455 for the P3S and $728 for the P3A. Is it worth the extra $273 for the lightbridge? Is it THAT much more effective in a neighborhood setting? I'm not going for any distance records, although that would be fun. My main concern is these power lines. I sometimes get interference warnings in my backyard if I go over some of them and put them in the line of sight. Does lightbridge even combat that or is it just for distance? As far as I can tell the lightbridge vs wifi is the only difference in the two.

Lastly, I've seen talk of the DBS mod. Would that combat the power lines or is that just for distance? A P3S with DBS vs a P3A is also an option if so.

I also considered getting a used one but I don't know enough about them yet to know what I need to look for so that's out for now. Down the road, I can totally see having a small fleet of these!

Lightbridge makes a big difference for me in the city where there are all kinds of interferences. That alone is worth the extra cost IMO.

The RC is a nice upgrade too, especially being able to use a tablet out of the box. And the ability to upgrade to an HDMI output if wanting to use goggles.

Reactions: liketogethigh
out of the box the P3A will give significantly better range and connection quality generally (esp flying in surban environments). The video quality of the downlink is MUCH better also.

I was in the same boat as you - it was P3S all the way, until the end when distance became a non-negotiable and went with the P3A.
You can do DBS w P3A and that will really give you distance.
As the saying goes "Buy you 2nd drone 1st"

That stuff with the goggles sounds like some straight sci-fi action. That could be really fun for racing.

Seems like the Advanced is the way to go for me. Anyone know where to get one under $728 shipped with warranty?

Ebay

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That stuff with the goggles sounds like some straight sci-fi action. That could be really fun for racing.

Seems like the Advanced is the way to go for me. Anyone know where to get one under $728 shipped with warranty?

Saw it on Amazon 2 weekends ago for $699. Keep an eye on it bc they'll lower it again. I'm assuming since the Typhoon H has just been delayed again, DJI can afford to not lower prices for a while. Check the news on the release of the H. Once the H starts shipping, expect Phantom 3 prices to drop a bit.

Saw it on Amazon 2 weekends ago for $699. Keep an eye on it bc they'll lower it again. I'm assuming since the Typhoon H has just been delayed again, DJI can afford to not lower prices for a while. Check the news on the release of the H. Once the H starts shipping, expect Phantom 3 prices to drop a bit.
Awesome info, thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj