Active Tracking on P4

Reaction score
Hi all, just got a P4 and wondered if anyone knows about active tracking. I can get it to track and follow but thought it was also able to back off or lead for example tracking an object that was moving towards it and at the same time keeping the distance constant. Sure I have seen examples of this either on active track or obstacle avoidance. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ian.

ActiveTrack is only able to follow an object from behind. Check out the following video for more details about this feature:

Reactions: JWH
It can track an object moving towards it as you can see in my video (at the 1:16 mark) just enable backward flying (note the warning) in MC settings , remember there's no obstacle avoidance when flying backward...

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the comments and video. Have tried again and it now works well backs away when the object moves towards it. I think it may have had something to do with the compass calibration at set up ( maybe)

Reactions: go fast
Greendragon thanks, but had previously checked that and even when on did not respond but OK now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik