Gps signal to weak for active track on New mavic pro yet controller shows 17 sats?

Reaction score
I’ve been flying 4 years p3 standard p4 pro and decided to go-ahead and get the 2016 version since price ( due to mavic pro 2 ) has been cut in half. The problem is it works fine until I try to do a active track then I get a gps weak msg on screen when I have 17 sats more than enough. I can initiate follow me mode ( no problem and poi no problem but can’t seem to make since of the gps weak so it will not initiate into active track mode. I’m using iPhone XR. Anyone have any input on the reason why the active track would do this. I looked on utube and saw only one person but he he was using the p3 standard. Their all DJI so he didnt have the answer either any help I would really appreciate any input. Thanx friends

I’ve been flying 4 years p3 standard p4 pro and decided to go-ahead and get the 2016 version since price ( due to mavic pro 2 ) has been cut in half. The problem is it works fine until I try to do a active track then I get a gps weak msg on screen when I have 17 sats more than enough. I can initiate follow me mode ( no problem and poi no problem but can’t seem to make since of the gps weak so it will not initiate into active track mode. I’m using iPhone XR. Anyone have any input on the reason why the active track would do this. I looked on utube and saw only one person but he he was using the p3 standard. Their all DJI so he didnt have the answer either any help I would really appreciate any input. Thanx friends
ActiveTrack mode uses the visual system. Not GPS.

The "17 sats" you see on the screen are referring to the sats picked up by your AC for it's flight purposes.

Follow Me uses your phone/device GPS which is why wifi only iPads won't work as they have no on-board GPS. This is when we often see posts about "weak gps" when Follow Me is attempted due to DJI's often confusing terms. This does not apply to you however since your device (iPhone Xr) does have it's own GPS and you've noted that Follow Me initiates for you.

Please forgive the question, but are you sure that you are selecting the Active Track mode?

Thank you for your help and I believe you just answered and resolved the problem by clearing up the gps misconception. I’m going to go and double check active track mode. I’ll let you know if things worked. But on the right screen after selecting active track it states the feet The craft is above ground and in red letters it states weak gps signal as I tap to initiate it will not allow the input and I tap start a few times and nothing happens. I may try in a different location tomorrow. Thanx again for the pointers on the gps lesson. I did learn something. I will let you know what happen after I try again and then if I’m sure I initiated the active track I’ll then drive to another location.

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik