I got a strange crowd of people around me while flying my P4.

Reaction score
Because they were not your normal group of people, I obliged them. I gave the best lessons I could with 2 batteries. They were a very captive audience and I had a good time teaching them about all that a P4 can do. They really liked active track. They had me follow a buggy. They got a trill out of it. I've known this group of people for 45 years and made sure I never took their picture face on. My friend took this picture with her phone. I telling my Amish friends how they could get work inspecting all the wind turbines in their area. They don't own computers or have any use for cameras. LOL ? It was fun anyway. I had to make sure I didn't land in horse manure. Those are hitching post I'm standing by.

IMG_0818.jpg

Because they were not your normal group of people, I obliged them. I gave the best lessons I could with 2 batteries. They were a very captive audience and I had a good time teaching them about all that a P4 can do. They really liked active track. They had me follow a buggy. They got a trill out of it. I've known this group of people for 45 years and made sure I never took their picture face on. My friend took this picture with her phone. I telling my Amish friends how they could get work inspecting all the wind turbines in their area. They don't own computers or have any use for cameras. LOL ? It was fun anyway. I had to make sure I didn't land in horse manure. Those are hitching post I'm standing by.

View attachment 112227
What a awsome school lesson,great picture too:):)have to add also great respect for you not showing faces after I read it again,now that's a privacy lesson aswell

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm been visiting Amish country in Lancaster, PA for 30 years. It's really incredible how they have maintained their way of life in spite of all the changes that have gone on around them.

View attachment 112227
I'm so jealous of where you live!

That is too cool! Our Amish communities here in central Missouri are much the same way. Always polite and very inquisitive. We also have Mennonite communities that we work with occasionally. Great people. Hard workers.

Marshfield and the Amish are jus
That is too cool! Our Amish communities here in central Missouri are much the same way. Always polite and very inquisitive. We also have Mennonite communities that we work with occasionally. Great people. Hard workers.
The Amish community is just south of Marshfield, Missouri, where my wife's family lives. I have met with them several times.

Marshfield and the Amish are jus
The Amish community is just south of Marshfield, Missouri, where my wife's family lives. I have met with them several times.
Yup! Lots of Amish and Mennonites in our area. Wish there were more, honestly. They're a different breed, but they are very respectful of others, unlike most of us in the "modern" world. A lot could be learned from them if people would just listen. I love to watch them build something! A barn, house, garage, outhouse... Doesn't matter what it is, there's always the same level of skill and craftsmanship. It is awesome to see.

Reactions: FlyingGary
I'd love to know what was going through their heads..
Ha! Bet you'd wish you didn't know! Most of them are very quiet and reserved, especially the Elders. Younger generations are more accustomed to the tech used by the "English". They seem more likely to allow us to use tech tools to help when we can. Elders will almost always refuse outside help, with grace and dignity, of course!

It's not a life I could live, except in idealistic theory, but I'd hate to see it slowly get corrupted by the modern life. More power to them, I say. (But not electric, automotive, nuclear, solar etc, etc)

It's not a life I could live, except in idealistic theory, but I'd hate to see it slowly get corrupted by the modern life. More power to them, I say. (But not electric, automotive, nuclear, solar etc, etc)
I agree. They live sun up to sun down and that's pretty much it. Hard life, I'm sure. But I expect they'll be far more prepared for any "modern" catastrophes than we "English" are. I'll be moving in with them after the apocalypse.
I'll provide security... ? B2aogP2CUAEViSd.jpg

Reactions: FlyingGary
Don’t stereo type too much. I know a lot more about herbs than any Amish I ever met. They don’t believe in violence, so no guns. They can use modern things if it helps their productivity. They are doing away with windmills. They are going to solar panels and a motor to pump their water. They’re human and they have problems like anyone else. They have a big problem with birth defects. It’s way higher then the National average because of interbreeding. They don’t get much fresh blood in their communities.

Don’t stereo type too much. I know a lot more about herbs than any Amish I ever met. They don’t believe in violence, so no guns. They can use modern things if it helps their productivity. They are doing away with windmills. They are going to solar panels and a motor to pump their water. They’re human and they have problems like anyone else. They have a big problem with birth defects. It’s way higher then the National average because of interbreeding. They don’t get much fresh blood in their communities.
Didn't mean to stereotype. No disrespect intended. I'll shut up now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20