A very sad night

LuvMyTJ said:
cdusher said:
I just ditched a battery that appeared fully charged, but would drop rapidly after a short time.
I was lucky the first time it happened it was not far away. Not sure what the battery life was, but it was one on my older
batteries.
Tried discharging and recharging.
No help.
Junked it.
Mine was a stock DJI battery. (older model)
There was a time I was not always properly maintaining them, so I may be at fault.
The video shows a problem battery with showing 80-90% life.
That would seem odd.
To everyone discarding old lipo batteries, please be sure to dispose of it after discharging completely as even though it is trash it still is volatile. I usually cut the connector off and drop it into a bucket of salt water for a couple weeks. Haven't had to do this to a Phantom battery. I will be dissecting the management part of it when that day comes.

I haven't had to do away with a P2 battery yet either, but I usually drop off all my dead LIPOs at Radio Shack... I hope they stay in business...

-slinger

I think there may be some places like Staples & Home Depot that accept certain types also. As far as Radio Shack, they are on life support and the plug is about to be pulled. They have really changed over the years. I miss the old skewl RS from my youth. :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31