A bit of a dilemma..

Reaction score
So I got an offer for a P4 A/P gimbal on eBay for $100 more than my asking price. Kinda odd, that someone would offer more than what I'm asking for. I'm debating on accepting the offer or not. So I decided to look at the buyers ratings and feedback, buuut... there is none. The buyer is a new buyer just registered today, the day of the offer. I then notice that the buyer left a message stating to text him "so that he can make the payment".

My supposition is that the buyer makes an offer higher than the asking price to ensure the seller will accept the offer so that they can then claim they did not receive the item, an get the money back. But, why not just hit buy now?

This is a warning to everyone to watch out for this kind of scams and avoid them.

I am thinking of having a little fun with this guy.. ;)

Untitled.jpg

Making a higher offer for an item is super odd. And texting someone to make a payment is likely against eBay's policy. For those reasons, I'd personally pass on this offer.

Yeah but odd,,he must want what you got,,did you add on no refunds or returns,don't things have tracking numbers nowadays,, you can see if it get delivered or not, good luck and be cautious

So I got an offer for a P4 A/P gimbal on eBay for $100 more than my asking price. Kinda odd, that someone would offer more than what I'm asking for. I'm debating on accepting the offer or not. So I decided to look at the buyers ratings and feedback, buuut... there is none. The buyer is a new buyer just registered today, the day of the offer. I then notice that the buyer left a message stating to text him "so that he can make the payment".

My supposition is that the buyer makes an offer higher than the asking price to ensure the seller will accept the offer so that they can then claim they did not receive the item, an get the money back. But, why not just hit buy now?

This is a warning to everyone to watch out for this kind of scams and avoid them.

View attachment 113777
If you call him or text him, use a spoof phone number. Maybe mess around with him because he is most likely a scammer. I did scambaiting for a while, it's interesting, but I stopped because I didn't have enough time for it. But if I ever get an organic scam call I will answer it and try to drive the scammer crazy for a few minutes if I have time.

If you call him or text him, use a spoof phone number. Maybe mess around with him because he is most likely a scammer. I did scambaiting for a while, it's interesting, but I stopped because I didn't have enough time for it. But if I ever get an organic scam call I will answer it and try to drive the scammer crazy for a few minutes if I have time.
Yes I was planning on using a textnow number or something. I love scam calls! Lol

If it looks too good to be true it usually is. I'd not let myself go down that rabbit hole... no way NOT TODAY!!

View attachment 113777
Scammer for sure. My experience has been that if it doesn't smell right, it doesn't smell right, especially on ebarf. PayPal has saved my arse a few times when I knew better to begin with, but got greedy /curious You are clever enough to have some fun at his expense, though most are not.

Buyers tend to win the disputes with the sellers. The scammer is relying on those odds. Either he's going to claim he never received order or........he's going to return the box with a small weight (to prove he shipped it) or send you a different camera or the same camera with parts replaced/removed.

I don't deal with anybody on e-bay without a proven track record, especially buyers. There seems to be more scams perpetrated on the sellers than vice versa.

EDIT: His "Buyers Message" has scam written all over it. Classic example of people not familiar with the English language.

I also find this tactic oddly satisfying.
I get really happy when I am cussed out in a foreign language.

Reactions: Weston Ney
I had a similar experience. The check I got was a forged business account. I gave check to police dept and I kept my item knowing this had to be bs. Sold it to other seller but had fun with crook.

Reactions: MTO
So I texted this guy and he wanted me to accept the offer and send him my PayPal email so that he could make the payment. I told him he can just do it on Ebay but he said no PayPal only, it is the only safest way. I tried to tell him that paying through Ebay is still PayPal but he wouldn't listen and just said can't. I'm gonna call him tomorrow and see what he said and argue with him some more that paying through Ebay is PayPal and see what he has to say.

(Be aware that I have NOT accepted the offer on Ebay and will NOT. Also, the phone number I am using is a spoof number, not my real number and a different area code aswell.)

If anyone wants to mess with this guy themselves, PM me. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31