A bit of a dilemma..

Shaping up to more of a PayPal scam than an E-Bay scam. You were smart to recognize it. I know at least one guy on this board (not this thread) that would have taken the bait simply out of pure greed and a false sense of security whenever PayPal is involved.

No No No!! I was selling a camera and had this happen. Offered me way over my asking price plus postage. Said that the money would be deposited in a bank and as soon as he received the camera it would be released.
Needless to say, no bank no money but he didn't get the camera either.
Sent all the details to Ebay spoof.

I know I’m late on this post, but I have dealt with the same scammers. Usually they send a cashiers check, that is bad. They’ll give you the name of a guy that’s going to pick it up personally. Now you lost your drone And are stuck with a worthless check. You’ll never get either back. Bank will notify you that the check is no good but by then it’s gone. Now I just report them. So glad you didn’t fall for it.

Buyer will only contact through personal emails, to bypass eBay. Then you know it’s a fraud.

So I texted this guy and he wanted me to accept the offer and send him my PayPal email so that he could make the payment. I told him he can just do it on Ebay but he said no PayPal only, it is the only safest way. I tried to tell him that paying through Ebay is still PayPal but he wouldn't listen and just said can't. I'm gonna call him tomorrow and see what he said and argue with him some more that paying through Ebay is PayPal and see what he has to say.

(Be aware that I have NOT accepted the offer on Ebay and will NOT. Also, the phone number I am using is a spoof number, not my real number and a different area code aswell.)

If anyone wants to mess with this guy themselves, PM me. lol

At least you haven't lost any $ yet, and I'm sure you won't. Keep this scammers trick in mind, (which I have to do every time I sell a camera); the customer buys my P4 camera, removes the parts he needs and files a claim with eBay, saying the cam didn't work. I get it back before I refund him, find out the cam has been messed with, tell eBay and they side with the crook and give him a refund. This has happened 3 times in my 8 years with eBay. I guess it's the cost of doing business.

Have fun with the guy!!!!

the customer buys my P4 camera, removes the parts he needs and files a claim with eBay, saying the cam didn't work. I get it back before I refund him, find out the cam has been messed with, tell eBay and they side with the crook and give him a refund
I've experienced this one when selling on Amazon. Luckily, the majority of buyers don't do things like this. In most cases, all you can really do is write it off and move on.

Reactions: jiminyfixit

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl