7" 800x480 LCD selection question

Reaction score
Hello friends. I'm in the process of selecting an LCD for my FPV needs and I've settled on 7" 800x480. Ebay presents the following cheapies. However, other than the fact that they are cheap, nothing else is really known about them.

Are they bright enough for outdoor?
Do they blue-screen?

Model A
Price: ~$38
mEw1mIpfAlOJwJ-N3J3WsPw.jpg

These sellers claims no-blue screen and specs claim good brightness. Model seems visually identical.

Model B
Price: ~$32
mardK50gxsCgLkfS0RCpIng.jpg

Model C
The alternative to the cheapies is this one is from HobbyKing, which is advertised as being specifically for outdoor, no blue screen. But, of course, the price is much higher.
Price: ~$80
28907-4(1).jpg

You'd be better off with 7" monitor that has the receiver and battery built in then the cheap ones you have been looking at online.
Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8 GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7" monitor
Black Pearl RC801 LCD Diversity Receiver 7" monitor.

These are just two monitors that are on the market

I love my black pearl monitor, I sold my fat shark goggles because I hardly ever use it after I got the monitor.

I love my black pearl monitor, I sold my fat shark goggles because I hardly ever use it after I got the monitor.

Blackpearl is nice, you have to get the 7Ch for immersionRC.. very important, you'll get much better performance.. although if you compare the diversion receiver with ImmersionRC UNO or DUO.. the Uno/Duo are a bit better in performance.. but you don't get a clean package with battery and receiver in one...

For convenience, go diversion receiver and monitor/batter in one.. for best performance.. get a dedicated receiver.

Thank you all for your replies!

Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8 GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7" monitor
Black Pearl RC801 LCD Diversity Receiver 7" monitor.

I've looked at some of these, but I need 2.4G...

Also, this is supposed to be kind of a cheap build. I've settled on
BOSCAM 2.4G RC802/TS321 TxRx and need a monitor to match.

Thank you all for your replies!

I've looked at some of these, but I need 2.4G...

Also, this is supposed to be kind of a cheap build. I've settled on
BOSCAM 2.4G RC802/TS321 TxRx and need a monitor to match.

Would help to list the equipment you are using when asking for help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic