lowest prices on FPV components (links)

QYV

Reaction score
This thread is geared towards folks modding their NON-Vision series Phantom2's for 5.8Ghz FPV. This thread isn't really updated anymore but the data is mostly valid (the theory is for sure) and should at least get you started in the right direction

The "DJI FPV Hub" ONLY works with the DJI AVL58 transmitter, which I don't even mention here because it's widely regarded as the worst option. The same function of the DJI hub (connecting together the Phantom mainboard, iOSD Mini, and video transmitter) is accomplished on the other transmitters by a simple Plug and Play cable.

DPCAV.com now makes Phantom 2 FPV PnP cables for both ImmersionRC AND Boscam transmitters - and they each only cost $10
ImmersionRC/Fatshark style PnP cable for Phantom 2 and iOSD mini
Boscam/Foxtech/Flysight style PnP cable for Phantom2 and iOSD Mini

This means the cost of putting in a FPV system drops a bit since now we can use the less expensive Boscam transmitters, receivers etc but that isn't to say the ImmersionRC 600mW isn't a great transmitter, it is. Many folks don't realize but the Boscam/Neewer RX-LCD5802 32ch receiver has always worked fine with both Boscam and ImmersionRC transmitters, and the 32ch version (if you want the IRC Tx) is about $50 cheaper than the Black Pearl at present.

prices for comparison:
Transmitters
the cheapest I've seen the ImmersionRC 600mW is 69.99 at ReadyMadeRC or on AliExpress for $68.99
You can save money going to Boscam/Skyzone transmitters instead of the IRC600. My personal recommendation is the TS353: it's a 400mW transmitter and with good antennas will easily provide signal at over a mile distance (1600m).
HobbyKing sells a TS353 that displays as $37.12 but if you idle on the page for 2 minutes you'll get a popup offering it for $32.48 instead. I bought 2. (*NOTE: watch your shipping charges!)
If you feel like you want more power, the TS352 is a 500mW rated transmitter but certain channels will output as much as 1000mW, but take heed: it's quite a bit heaver and draws a lot more power than it's little brother the TS353.
Again, ]Hobbyking has the best price on the TS352 when they have them in stock, at $41.76 but again if you idle on the page it will offer you a discounted price of $39.
If you want a Boscam branded TS352, here's AliExpress for $45.97

Transmit power (400mW vs 600mW) is much LESS a factor in FPV performance than the antennas you use. More on that below!

Receivers
-Black Pearl receiver 7ch $229 at DPCAV (oos as of this edit)
-I'm seeing the 32-channel (in case you have ImmersionRC) RX-LCD5802 for $150 on Amazon and BangGood, or $140 on Dx.com
-there is a new white version of the RX-LCD5802: $154 on Hobbyking or $139.99 on Banggood . don't forget a wall charger!
-If you go with a Boscam transmitter, you should be able to use this 7-channel version of the receiver for $88.85 on GoodLuckBuy or $77 on Ebay however it is NOT a diversity receiver (2 antennas at once).
*note: many receivers especially the Boscam/Neewer do NOT come with a wall charger power adapter.. either order one when you buy or go snag a one from Radioshack Here is a RX-LCD5802 Wall charger for $6.35 from Newegg that adapts into the JST-female cable that comes with the receiver

Antennas

So theoretically if you go with the TS352 transmitter and 7ch receiver, you stand to save around $150 (USD) over the ImmersionRC 600mW and Black Pearl. I humbly suggest with those cost savings you head over to FPVLR and get the premium 3-antenna kit for $110 and yes, that link is indeed the proper link for Boscam transmitter antenna connector (RP-SMA Male for antenna).
*NEW 2015-02-05: at my suggestion FPVLR added another bundle he's calling the "Premium Combo" (as if FPVLR weren't premium enough :)) which has their Pentalobe transmit antenna instead of the pinwheel. It's only $10 more! Check it out here, and be sure to pick the right connector type! ask if you aren't sure
There is a different part# for ImmersionRC which needs SMA-Male antenna connector! pay attention to the product notes!
*note always email the sales at FPVLR with your order number to confirm which receiver you have so you get the right antenna connectors for the receiver. I'm not sure if the BP and LCD5802 take the same antenna connectors!

Other parts
DJI iOSD Mini: $64 on Amazon with free/Prime shipping
this 3D-printed monitor mount from RaveAerialVideo for ~$32 USD is most people's favorite for mounting any display on the stock P2 RC. I personally have one and love it. some people prefer tripods
This bracket (H3-3D variant) can replace the screw-in bracket that holds the GoPro to the H3-3D mounting plate.
You'll should want something to secure the gimbal during transport. This 3D-printed option is pretty cool for $9.99 or
here is a different style 3D-printed clip for $19. Either should work fine
you're going to want a lanyard too

Last edited:
Great work on this thread, QYV!

I've read your thread here and am going to buy this set up, I've posted the line up here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26460&p=244610#p244610 is there anything you see i'm missing or should get? You mention that the receivers don't come with a charger but the one in the amazon link in my post does come with it.

I just want to make sure I have everything before I start to do my build.

Thanks!

shaunlaf said:
receivers don't come with a charger but the one in the amazon link in my post does come with it.

the "charging cable" it comes with isn't a WALL charger, it has some funky connector common in RC hobby use... so if you want to simply charge that display from a regular power outlet you'll have to either cut/patch in an appropriate wall charger (right voltage, etc) or just buy one that fits. they're cheap nbd

I've been known to overlook the answers sometimes. :?

What kind of range could one expect with a setup such as this?

I'm looking for maximum possible range without limiting myself to my FC40.

Thanks

you're very welcome :)

My Flysight TX5804 5.8Ghz 400mW came with a lot of cables:
One for soldering.
One for Phantom 2 without Isod mini (plug and play).
One for Phantom 2 with Isod mini (plug and play).
One unknown for plug and play (a white socket with yello, black, red, black cables)

With other words, no need for buying the FPV hub.

ExtraKim said:

indeed, the DJI "FPV Hub" is only for use with the AVL58. any other application; ImmersionRC/Fatshark family, or Boscam/Flysight family can simply use the plug and play cable

NICE!
appreciate the time and effort here!!
Found your link for the Boscam P&P cable. My thanks.

Stu
Alaska

ExtraKim said:

Yep. The DJI FPV Hub only works with the DJI AVL58 transmitter anyway so I didn't include it. It's easy to make your own cable or there are the pre-made ones in the original post that accomplish the same thing plug and play

petedread said:
What is the advantage of a diversity receiver? Is it battery life?
They have two antennas and will choose the one receiving the stronger signal.

Ah I see, for some reason I thought the 7 channel BP had two antennas but I realise now that it doesn't.

petedread said:
Ah I see, for some reason I thought the 7 channel BP had two antennas but I realise now that it doesn't.

yea the 7ch BP isn't "diversity" but honestly if you have one really good antenna (like the FPVLR 4.25turn Helix), that's the one the display will always use anyway. I have a diversity receiver and 99% of the time I only plug in the 1 helix antenna

my point is, diversity is cool but it's not really necessary as long as the non-diverse antenna you're running is really good.

Thanks for pulling this together, it has been incredibly helpful. I am piecing together my first FPV kit, based on the info in this thread.

It looks like the Black Pearl is now $229 at DPCAV. Most places have it for $229 but there is a shop on Amazon that sells it for $199 + $6 shipping.

I found another receiver kit on Hobby King. It is currently on back order, but it's only $131.56 if you wait for the better deal prompt.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ttery.html

Any thoughts on how this compares to the Black Pearl... is the Black Pearl worth the extra money, does it have better range, etc.? And will it work with the SkyZone TS353?

Many thanks for posting this guide. I really wish I had followed it from the beginning but I didn't want to wait for China shipping items as I only had free time for holidays. Ended up spending double on everything and it still didn't work because of a stupid plug n play cable. Finally got all my money back from eBay purchases and meanwhile all the Chinese parts shipped in a week each. The Goodluckbuy monitor is great because it charges quickly with micro usb cable so it can even be charged while mobile. While it is worthless once battery goes, the channels are much easier to change than the blackPearl and costs one third the price. Thanks again as I finally have working fpv tonight. Wish the weather would change so I can really test range.

QYV said:
shaunlaf said:
receivers don't come with a charger but the one in the amazon link in my post does come with it.

the "charging cable" it comes with isn't a WALL charger, it has some funky connector common in RC hobby use... so if you want to simply charge that display from a regular power outlet you'll have to either cut/patch in an appropriate wall charger (right voltage, etc) or just buy one that fits. they're cheap nbd

Not sure if you bought goodluckbuy generic boscam but mine didn't come with anything but did have a micro-usb port so this charger was not needed (but shipped way slower than the monitor)

For the record, all of the sites in these links ship things amazingly fast! I was used to banggood which was over a month. All of these even one in UK and the sites in China take about a week.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl