3.02 firmware reversal

Re: 3.00 firmware reversal

Geert said:
gunslinger said:
LuvMyTJ said:
I too have gone from v2.0 to v1.08 myself with no issues. From what I gather the main controller firmware v3.02 updates the central board firmware to v1.0.1.25 from v1.0.1.24 and that is where the problem lies. You may be right though, anybody willing to be a tester? :twisted:

The central board firmware is now up to 1.0.1.27 (though I don't see that listed on DJI's download section) :roll:

-slinger

I noticed that too.
They also didn't list the new app (android) on their website. But maybe they will wait until Apple release the update for iOS.

Geert.

Every time I get an update alert on my iPhone, I'm sure its' the DJI app... but so far... it never is... ;)

-slinger

In trying to correct my gimbal issues(4 degrees off level), I gave the 3.20 (3.02-whatever) a shot. Didn't help the gimbal. But I immediately downgraded back to 1.08 after a flight or two without issue. Ta-da.

I'm kind of noob here, but what's better with the 1.08 then the 2.0 (that my Vision got)?
Should i also downgrade to 1.08?

jnse said:
I'm kind of noob here, but what's better with the 1.08 then the 2.0 (that my Vision got)?
Should i also downgrade to 1.08?

I would love to make a complete list but here is what have from the top of my head. Anyone want add or amend be my guest.

1.08 is stable and allows for much control of your quad.
2.0 has some issues with floating side to side while hovering and the quad likes to hook to the left or right after a long forward travel.
3.0 is stable and accurate but has no fly zones and the fastest you come down or descend is just 3 meters per second.
3.02 is more stable especially when flying heavy and decent is now just 2 meter per second.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
DrJoe said:
In trying to correct my gimbal issues(4 degrees off level), I gave the 3.20 (3.02-whatever) a shot. Didn't help the gimbal. But I immediately downgraded back to 1.08 after a flight or two without issue. Ta-da.

So you are saying that you have successfully downgraded 3.02 to 1.08 on your P2V+ and can confirm it's working as (3-axis gimbal issues are fixed)?

Right out of the box my v+ had MC 3.0 and CB 1.0.1.25. I downgraded MC to 1.08 from 3.0 last week. I accidentally opened Vision assistant 3.0 while my phantom was on and connected to my pc. The assistant automatically updated my CB to 1.0.1.27. The 3.0 assistant now states in red letters "MC firmware mismatched, update now". Will having MC 1.08 with CB 1.0.1.27 be an issue?

The odd thing I noticed about 3.02 is that if you hit the decent limit, you can't do any other inputs like forward.

So, if I'm going forward, then it the descent limit, the vision bucks like it's slamming on the breaks...

Mori55 said:
I'm just going to leave at 3.02. I actually like the slower decent.

jalpert said:
The odd thing I noticed about 3.02 is that if you hit the decent limit, you can't do any other inputs like forward.

So, if I'm going forward, then it the descent limit, the vision bucks like it's slamming on the breaks...

Mori55 said:

Yes i'm getting that to and it's very annoying. especially when shooting video. and where your batter is low and your 700 ft in the air trig to bring it home. at 40% i start to panic. i like to play it safe

It gives you two options:

-Come down straight at the full rate, not a good idea descending into your own prop wash
-Come down slower while moving, not a good idea if you want to/need to come down at the limit.

neoneo said:
jalpert said:

Mori55 said:

Yes i'm getting that to and it's very annoying. especially when shooting video. and where your batter is low and your 700 ft in the air trig to bring it home. at 40% i start to panic. i like to play it safe

I downgraded to 1.08 on my P2V+....No issues.

Definitely descends faster, and flies great. I downgraded on a Mac FYI....

LarryLeisure said:
I downgraded to 1.08 on my P2V+....No issues.

Definitely descends faster, and flies great. I downgraded on a Mac FYI....

I would love to do this to mine but im to scared. I use to love how fast it would comedown. but i think prop wash/dirty air problems (ie. falling out of the sky) were solved with this update. from my understanding that wasn't likely before, but it did happen. someone said that the next update will give you the option to change it from 2mps back to 3mps in the assistant software. That would be awesome. the best of both worlds. faster descent and up to date software.
today i looked at my battery and it read 38%. i was 1000 feet up and 3500 feet out. aprox 16 mph most of the way home and ALMOST full downward throttle and i got home and was still 400 feet in the air. with the battery dropping i got scared because the descend was sooo slow. i found that taking her in big circles while descending works faster. anyway i landed with 16% battery. that's the lowest i've gone as far as battery drainage. and i dont plan on going that low again.

ocphantom said:
Right out of the box my v+ had MC 3.0 and CB 1.0.1.25. I downgraded MC to 1.08 from 3.0 last week. I accidentally opened Vision assistant 3.0 while my phantom was on and connected to my pc. The assistant automatically updated my CB to 1.0.1.27. The 3.0 assistant now states in red letters "MC firmware mismatched, update now". Will having MC 1.08 with CB 1.0.1.27 be an issue?
So how have you made out?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl